Best receptacle for plugging in Italian commercial lever machine to US 240V power supply? - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Nunas
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Nunas »

Are you sure you need 4800 Watts? 20-Amps at 240-Volts is a lot of power; it's what you'd need for a multi-group commercial machine such as a Marzocco dual group. If you are only running a single group pro-sumer machine, made for the EU, you may not need so much power. In Europe and Asia, where they have such outlets, they don't wire houses like we do here, with sockets all over the place. They often (well...years ago when I lived overseas) have fewer plugs and use power bars and extension cords to plug multiple things into one socket. Just an idle though that popped into my head when i couldn't sleep :)

[creative nickname] (original poster)

#12: Post by [creative nickname] (original poster) »

It is a commercial one-group, so bigger than prosumer. And I also thought it might be good to size it based on the largest machine I might use someday, even if it is beyond what I currently need.
LMWDP #435

drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

Mark,

In our last home our electrician installed a 240v 20 amp outlet easily and I matched a three prong grounded plug to it. You might ask your electrician about this solution, which I just had an electrician install for my roaster in our new home. The specs are discussed in that thread in some detail, and I hope you've got an electrician who can review those specs and advise you.

2013 North TJ-067 gas roaster electrical troubleshooting
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!