Barista Hustle Auto Comb

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bored117

#1: Post by bored117 »

While back we had little talk about the barista hustle's auto comb. I did remember seeing one Korean Youtuber interviewing Anthony Douglas and where he actually showed how it works while back. Looks like he put it on a little ahead of time and pulled it out since I couldn't find it but it showed up today on his channel... so I am posting it in case people want to see how that one is used. While the channel is in Korean, Anthony is answering everything in English which should be easy to understand :) Go to 5 min mark
Mod note: split from Weber Moonraker?

BaristaBob

#2: Post by BaristaBob »

I love the part where Anthony is spinning the AutoComb and all you hear are barista's oohs and aahs! :lol:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Capuchin Monk

#3: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Does Anthony Douglas understand Korean? They are asking him in Korean and he answers in English. Or did they edit out the portion of translator telling him in English?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by yakster »

They cut out the translator, there appears to be a lot of jump cuts including his answers. You can hear the translator speak when the camera is focused on the espresso pour, they couldn't cut that out without ruining the shot, I guess. He does appear to speak some Korean, though.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

malabargold
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by malabargold »

Even for a prototype that looks...interesting. Maybe that works for a coffee shop but it seems a bit much for the domestic setting. Have to give credit to Weber no one can seem to match their design and finish details.

Capuchin Monk

#6: Post by Capuchin Monk »

malabargold wrote:Maybe that works for a coffee shop but it seems a bit much for the domestic setting.
Much in the overall size? If so, I see many home baristas using big commercial grinders.
Have to give credit to Weber no one can seem to match their design and finish details.
As for the design, Moonmoneyraker isn't depth adjustable (on the fly) so I'll disagree on that. :|

bored117 (original poster)

#7: Post by bored117 (original poster) »

He understood quite a bit of korean. Sounded like his S.O. is korean. In fact the host was joking about the translator not being needed.

BaristaBob

#8: Post by BaristaBob »

Capuchin Monk wrote:Much in the overall size? If so, I see many home baristas using big commercial grinders.
True but not always best for the home barista, specially if wifey has anything to say about kitchen counter space!
Capuchin Monk wrote:As for the design, Moonmoneyraker isn't depth adjustable (on the fly) so I'll disagree on that. :|
Not so fast, I thought so too, but the 20 needles are of three differing lengths...so this concept just might satisfy the depth aspect. We will see.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Capuchin Monk

#9: Post by Capuchin Monk »

BaristaBob wrote: specially if wifey has anything to say about kitchen counter space!
Besides the counter space (I think the height is more noticeable), the price will get wifey upset.
Not so fast, I thought so too, but the 20 needles are of three differing lengths...so this concept just might satisfy the depth aspect. We will see.
After seeing the operation speed of BH AutoComb vs Moonmoneyraker, the shops will likely favor the former because it's so fast.