Astoria SAE / 1N and Mazzer Super Jolly grinder for $1000 - deal or ripoff?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
speightify

#1: Post by speightify »

Good deal or did I get ripped off? :shock:

TBH I couldn't resist cause the multi color cool paint job :D

Coffcarl

#2: Post by Coffcarl »

Not a steal, but I think everyone here would agree that, getting a serviceable setup for 1k is not getting ripped off. Hopefully there is nothing much to do other than clean up.

The paint job is great. I had my panels powder coated a deep sparkle purple after I got tired of looking at ugly flaking fake gold leaf and dull steel underneath.

speightify (original poster)

#3: Post by speightify (original poster) »

Ya I saw it working before I bought it, in a nice breakfast\sandwich shop they said maintained but they only sold the green mountain airpot stuff (we both did a SMH at that)- the guy wanted to keep it as he obviously was the only one who used it, I'm sure daily, the gal wanted space for another ice machine. Who wins :D I thought I saw a tear in his eye.

Side note, he said he bought it for 4k refurbished a couple years ago and was serviced by the same Waterbury, CT company on the sticker. Side note side note, I want to go visit that cafe Italia on the sticker.

speightify (original poster)

#4: Post by speightify (original poster) »

Coffcarl wrote:Not a steal, but I think everyone here would agree that, getting a serviceable setup for 1k is not getting ripped off. Hopefully there is nothing much to do other than clean up.

The paint job is great. I had my panels powder coated a deep sparkle purple after I got tired of looking at ugly flaking fake gold leaf and dull steel underneath.
Thanks for the analysis and ill post photos when installed and making the brown nectar.