Astoria Argenta AEP - 3 phase to 13amp UK - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
ira
Team HB

#11: Post by ira »

I'm not familiar with european wiring so not sure what to say.

Ira

Jake_G
Team HB

#12: Post by Jake_G »

Three 2000W elements, yes.

But if you look at the pressurestat, there is only one live wire going in, so I think the three sets of contacts are bridged and this is already wired for single phase 240.

As Ira mentioned, the correct course of action is to remove two of the three white wires going from the the pressurestat to the element and you'll be in business.

As far as wire gauges, you'd need to show us a photo of what you've got going on...

I would simply replace the power cord with one of the proper gauge for the outlet and breaker you intend to use and be done with it... 10A @ 240 gets you 2400W, which should be plenty, so replacing the cord with one that fits a 13A plug and socket should be fine as long as you remove two of the white wires from both the pressurestat and the element.

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

JimmyAstoria (original poster)

#13: Post by JimmyAstoria (original poster) »

Thanks Jake and Ira for your help appreciate it - will try and take two of the wires off and maybe see if it fires up.
Looking forward to taking it apart and giving it a clean once it's up and running!

#14: Post by JimmyAstoria (original poster) »

Got the Tank up and running today!!! was very happy!

In the end I connected a cavaran style plug to the lead and then used a fly lead to plug it into UK 13Amp socket - I didn't want to have to replace the main lead.

Connected my flow jet to the pump and all turned on fine - machine filled up.

Only problem is the machine is taking a bit of time to warm up about 30- 40mins because the boiler fills all the way up before the main pump cuts out.

I'm hoping that when I descale that will speed things up - but could I connect another element or will taking it to that kw up too much? that would be 4000kw I guess.
Currently with my gas lever I can just fill it a little manually and it warms up in 20mins I don't have to wait for the machine to fully fill up like this one.

Cheers
James

ira
Team HB

#15: Post by ira »

power = volts x amps

amps = power/volts

4000/220 = 18.9 amps

Don't think so.

Ira

#16: Post by JimmyAstoria (original poster) »

ah well - Hopefully once I've descaled and put it back together it'll warm up a little quicker....
Currently taking it apart - a few fixings are proving a little bit tough!!!!

kolu

#17: Post by kolu »

JimmyAstoria wrote:because the boiler fills all the way up before the main pump cuts out.
clean your level probe

#18: Post by JimmyAstoria (original poster) »

Will Do thanks for the suggestion, have been stripping it down and got most of it in the descaler at the moment...

Couldn't get one of the nuts of the boiler so ended up using a few different tools to get leverage after one of them became rounded out seemed it was a bit welded on at the back.... got a few cuts from tiring too hard and slipping a few times but it came off in the end!!