Are there any espresso machine models being released this year?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Cgr86

#1: Post by Cgr86 »

I'm just curious if anyone was privy to anything new coming out this year ?

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Shakespeare »

There are numerous espresso devices every year that are proposed, designed and developed.
A few of them will have the financial support to survey the market. And the possibility of fabricating a few machines.
Yes, there are many various exploratory espresso machines that will be released this year.
Many of these new devices will become obsolete after a while.

I would recommend to start, with using the advice of many in this forum that have an enormous amount of experience and knowledge.
Stay with the established espresso machines, that have a good track record and are used by these members.

Erik77

#3: Post by Erik77 »

Maybe we could start a rumour that La Marzocco is developing an updated version of the GS3 and eventually force their hand to do so :)

PPapa

#4: Post by PPapa »

KvdW Spiritello is the only one that I'm excited about. I also have a kidney for sale.

BaristaBob

#5: Post by BaristaBob »

Erik77 wrote:Maybe we could start a rumour that La Marzocco is developing an updated version of the GS3 and eventually force their hand to do so :)
Ha, ha...I'm with you on this. All I ask for is some programmability that allows you to save a few paddle routines and repeat them at the push of one of those six underutilized buttons or via an app. Is that asking too much?! After all, the SR You came this way from day one!
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

BaristaBob

#6: Post by BaristaBob »

Rocket Bicocca...first quarter this year.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

DaveC

#7: Post by DaveC »

Cgr86 wrote:I'm just curious if anyone was privy to anything new coming out this year ?
New machines from:
ACS - Falcon I, Evo 2
ECM- Synchronica With actively heated group and apparently 6m warmup
Lelit - Will have some new models, but not sure exactly what yet
Nurri had a small dual boiler pumped machine, not sure when it will launch

I think other new machines coming this year have already been covered by influencers. In fairness though Host Milan 23 was surprisingly lacking in new machines, more so than in previous years. there was perhaps more from the grinder world than the espresso machine world.

Cgr86 (original poster)

#8: Post by Cgr86 (original poster) replying to DaveC »

May I ask where the rumor mill is coming from on the new Lelit machines? And what model is the ECM? Is it the Mercedes version?

Erik77

#9: Post by Erik77 »

BaristaBob wrote:Ha, ha...I'm with you on this. All I ask for is some programmability that allows you to save a few paddle routines and repeat them at the push of one of those six underutilized buttons or via an app. Is that asking too much?! After all, the SR You came this way from day one!
And faster warmup time. Might as well throw in a smoother moving paddle while we are at it. Modernise the UI while still maintaining the analog feel.

Jeff
Team HB

#10: Post by Jeff »

Probably most of it is from the floor of trade shows. Also, Dave C is an industry consultant and may have information gotten information through his connections that is permitted to be public, but was not on the trade-show floor.