App allowing preinfusion coming to La Marzocco Linea Mini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?

#1: Post by 901 »

I was just scrolling through Instagram and saw a LM post teasing a planned app for the LMLM. In the comments LM stated it will include preinfusion and there will be a retrofit kit for existing machines.

truemagellen

#2: Post by truemagellen »

There are a few videos of it from Host Milan 2019.
Linea Mini App

To provide an infrastructure that enhances communication, coffee culture, guidance and preventive maintenance, La Marzocco is developing an app where visitors on-booth can preview functionalities such as user-profiling, data display, programmable machine settings, on/off remote control, cleansing & maintenance statistics, news, tutorials and FAQs.

shadowzenith

#3: Post by shadowzenith »

Apparently it's only going to be available some time in 1st quarter of 2020 via a retrofit kit of some sort.
Curious how it would actually work that will enable control of flow and other things.

cf

#4: Post by cf »

Thanks for the post. I had to dig up the information and videos to share.

Video showing app with pre-infusion. Tried to link to the exact moment but doesn't appear to be working, fast forward to 30 seconds.
Instagram post with comments

https://www.instagram.com/p/B32eI-MI2gV ... hare_sheet

In the comments what appears to be a LM employee confirms adjustable pre-infusion, temperature, and retrofit kits.

I was going to pull the trigger this holiday season but maybe I'll wait till Q1 2020. I think the no burn steam wand will likely be on that model as well. Lots of cool enhancements.

trunks235

#5: Post by trunks235 »

Very cool!! Anyone else feel like this is a pretty big deal? One of the major "cons" for that machine being addressed.

maki

#6: Post by maki »

interested in how this will reflect on price
LMWDP #630

cf

#7: Post by cf »

trunks235 wrote:Very cool!! Anyone else feel like this is a pretty big deal? One of the major "cons" for that machine being addressed.
Yea I think this is a big deal. Two of the biggest knocks was the lack of pre-infusion and digital temperature adjustment. That addresses both of those concerns while still maintaining the aesthetic of the device and adding IoT functionality. Very nice design choices.I think naysayers will still complain that it's not a true paddle and that the paddle is a big on/off switch but I can live with that. There are also kits if you look hard enough to give the paddle variable pressure functionality.
maki wrote:interested in how this will reflect on price
I'm hopeful the price will stay the same. I don't think the GS3 rose in price when they added the conical valve with the new manometer. One thing I'm sure will be pricey would be the retrofit kits, given the past history with their kits.

shadowzenith

#8: Post by shadowzenith »

Just curious, how is the default 1 second (or is it 2?) fixed pre-infusion achieved in current stock machines?
How is it controlled?

myso

#9: Post by myso replying to shadowzenith »

Boiler is pressurized, if I remember correctly heating of the brew boiler increases pressure further until expansion valve opens at 11bar (or where you set it).
When you initiate a shot, solenoid valve opens and coffee is wet by boiler pressure for 1 second. After that pump engages and shot continues.

RikC

#10: Post by RikC »

If this will incorporate some form of energy management function on the LMLM I'd be really gratefull. Now it's just on or off...