Any advice before I plumb in?

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
slybarman

#1: Post by slybarman »

Anyone have any advice or insights they learned when they plumbed their machine in that they want to pass along? Something you wish you had known before you did yours? Any tips on where/how to run the supply and drain lines that work best? Any geometry or location that works better than another? Directly behind the machine, off to a side or ?

I am intending to drill a 1" or so hole through my granite counter top to run the supply and drain lines through.My plan is to use the BWT bestmax set-up with regulator from WLL to connect under the sink next to my machine and use a dishwasher wye to connect the drain line above the sink trap.

I welcome any photos you want to share of your plumbed in set-up.

.Image

symbology

#2: Post by symbology »

What is in the wall behind uour machine?

What is in the cabinet below the machine?

You might be able to pop off one of those tiles and run yor lines through the wall from just below the counter to just above.

Save that piece of tile (or replace) so you can patch the wall later if you ever need to.

You can even take a piece of 1-1/2" PVC and route it through your wall. Just heat it up and bend it through the holes you cut in the wall. Then you can seal around the PVC so there is no gap into the airspace in the wall.

slybarman

#3: Post by slybarman » replying to symbology »

I will post a better photo of the cabinets when I get home.

Why do I want to go through the wall rather than the counter top? What is the advantage?

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter ♡

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Make sure you understand how to change the the filters and how much space you need.
Is 1" really enough to put the ENDS of wires and hoses through them?
Does this machine have a drain tube as well? If so 1" doesn't sound like enough.
Are you sure the filter you have chosen meets your water filtration needs - ie no Chlorides.

That's what came to my mind.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

slybarman

#5: Post by slybarman » replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Because the fitting on the end of the supply line and drain tube don't have to go through the hole at the exact same time (I can pass the supply line all the way through and then fish the drain tube through so only diameter of the two lines have to fit together), I think it should be sufficient, however, I will double check that. Thanks. If necessary, I can go up to 1.5"

symbology

#6: Post by symbology »

slybarman wrote:I will post a better photo of the cabinets when I get home.

Why do I want to go through the wall rather than the counter top? What is the advantage?
What happens if you move the machine, or change your mind? Easy to patch a wall, not so sure about the granite countertop

slybarman

#7: Post by slybarman » replying to symbology »

It's a valid point. I've seen people mention saving the "plug" from the hole saw to use it to fill the hole later if needed. Not sure how well that works for granite.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Have you considered a rubber grommet for the hole and how that would impact the size. I ended up not getting one because I hadn't planned for it.

Also do you want to move the electrics connections u der the sink?
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

slybarman

#9: Post by slybarman »

Some more photos.

.Image

slybarman

#10: Post by slybarman »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:Have you considered a rubber grommet for the hole and how that would impact the size. I ended up not getting one because I hadn't planned for it.

Also do you want to move the electrics connections u der the sink?
I don't see any reason to move the power. I did look at a few rubber and metal grommets online. I didn't get the impression the metal ones ate up much of the holes diameter.