Hey everyone just joined,
And I'm only 2 months into the home espresso rabbit hole, but doing great and already 4x machines in!
I'm currently using the Profitec 700 and 270wi and having great results at home! Not too hard and setup seems a little forgiving/tastes great.
I've been through the whole Breville line-up (both oracles and the bdb) to get into the $3-4K range for machine and grinder. But looks like Monilith Flat will have to come next.
I could use some good YouTube links if anyone could send me, so I can learn:
- best frothing techniques. Bought 2G of whole milk from Costco and been practicing 100s of times throughout the week but success rate of perfect microfoam texture is VERY LOW. Ha.
- best way to back flush, clean, Kafiza, etc for the Profitec steam wand and group head
- I have the older PID and I saw the 2bar steam upgrade and PID swap from profitec. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the $200 mod ?
- I tried Heart roasters Stereo blend but we keep going to Intelligentsia Black Cat for the comfort feel! Any others you guys recommend to try?
- our 18g in 36g method with a little needle to WDT then spin the distributor puck then tamp with the calibrated tamper is coming out great. Very nice stream from the naked portafilter... but any tips/links here would be great
And thank you guys for teaching a new member of this black hole of variables !