ACE DotShot on my La Marzocco Linea Mini

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
CausticGuy

#1: Post by CausticGuy »

Just installed the ACE DotShot on my La Marzocco Linea Mini. Just wanted everyone to know it's awesome! I enjoy having another usable way to measure my shots! A little scary drilling a hole in front of this thing but if you go slow and use a step bit, you're golden.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by RockyIII »

Well done! Looks nice.

Rocky

Advertisement
HH

#3: Post by HH »

Hey Matt,
That looks awesome - I've never seen an add-on shot timer that looks so good. It's like it was always meant to be there! I'll know what to go for now in terms of shot timers when I finally upgrade to a LM.
Henry

interseismic

#4: Post by interseismic »

I don't have the guts to do that, but I'm glad to see that someone does. Enjoy it!

CausticGuy (original poster)

#5: Post by CausticGuy (original poster) »

It really wasn't that bad guys, the wiring harness is super easy plug and play. IMO the LMLM lacks a timer of sorts and to me this is cheaper, easier and more repeatable than just using a scale and going by weight, although I want the Acaia Lunar scale next for fun.

BaristaBob

#6: Post by BaristaBob »

Love the LMLM in black. When does the timer start?
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

CausticGuy (original poster)

#7: Post by CausticGuy (original poster) replying to BaristaBob »

The timer starts when the "paddle" switch is engaged. It pulls voltage from the machine's board to activate it.

Advertisement
sluflyer06

#8: Post by sluflyer06 »

Does it come with instructions on installing?

RikC

#9: Post by RikC »

Would be nice if it could be hidden from sight, i.e. like the functionality of the Rocket R58/R60V with a detachable information and control box attached with a cord. So that the 'analog appearance' of the LMLM remains intact...

F1

#10: Post by F1 »