Abandoned Speedster Rescue - Page 2

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
stuartmac (original poster)

#11: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

I have started into it but waiting on a huydralic diagram as its a little more complex and tight than the comercial machines I'm used to working on.

The brew boiler appears to fill and operate , haven't got into the jets yet.

The steam boiler fill solenoid isn't getting water with the pump on , even with the valve removed so I'm not sure what the deal is with the water distrubition block it sits on.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by JohnB. »

The hydraulic diagram is in the repair manual I offered to send you. There is a jet in the block right under the refill solenoid. Is it scaled up? The pump sends water to that distribution block. Is the brew boiler refilling? If so it pretty much comes down to that jet if the refill valve is opening.
LMWDP 267

#13: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

Got some pics finally. Pulled the fill valve jet in search of the lack of boiler water and it came out surprisingly well with an impact, justa few ugga duggas! But it's stuck on the bit now so for testing I just put the valve on again and fired it up.

For the first time in 3+ years it filled both boilers and turned on !!!! But now but both the hx gaskets and element are leaking like crazy. So removing both ends and replacing gaskets will be next up.

BaristaBoy E61

#14: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Thanks for posting pics of your machine's internals. While it resembles our machine, our 2020 Speedster is very different! I would like to see what your top cover panel looks like.

I'm sure you'll resolve all your issues and I look forward to your analysis afterwards of all your observations, mechanical, operational and in the cup.

It does look like it's in very good shape though; that's encouraging!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by JohnB. »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:Thanks for posting pics of your machine's internals. While it resembles our machine, our 2020 Speedster is very different! I would like to see what your top cover panel looks like.
The 2020 model was a complete redesign internally. Lots of open space compared to the earlier models. Looking at Stuart's photos I can see that most of the updates I would have suggested have already been done by the previous owner or had gone into production by the time this machine was built. Steam boiler electronic controller has been moved to the left side. Level controller case has been milled for better cooling. .6mm jet has been moved from the group to the 2 piece hx to brew boiler feed pipe assy. The 3rd SSR has been added which prevents steam boiler refill during a shot.
LMWDP 267

#16: Post by stuartmac (original poster) »

Pulled the ends and not to bad, boiler is a bit black inside but scale is minimal. Gaskets are all but dissolved no doubt from sitting in stagnant watter for 3+ years