58mm espresso machine with flowmeter? - Page 3

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
bhauff

#21: Post by bhauff »

I really appreciate not having a boiler in my Decent DE1Pro. Warmup time is about 4 minutes. I have all the steam I need. Lastly, if you want hot water you can get freshly heated hot water without any impact to the next shot or steaming.
Enjoying the adventure is as rewarding as the destination.

Peter_SVK

#22: Post by Peter_SVK »

JackHK wrote:... That millimeter is so important, if not... we have much more options like Dalla Corte, La Spaziale and probably more
Dalla Corte Studio with genuine 58mm PF kit and you are done!

N6GQ

#23: Post by N6GQ »

I'd also suggest trying a DE as it meets all your requirements. If you're in Hong Kong then you could likely swing a visit to the place where they're built and get a full demo and a look inside, etc.

From a boiler perspective, there is no boiler, so you have hot water and steam as long as you want it. Steam is excellent (dryer) - makes excellent frothed milk. Full flow and pressure profiling, consistency, 58mm PF, very fast warm up, etc.

While many don't care for the aesthetics, the innovation and capability is really second to none. Support is great too.

As far as I know, there were some concerns about mouthfeel from some folks, I too had that concern but I believe I've largely resolved it and am able to produce shots that are on par if not better than my Londinium.
LMWDP #614

JackHK (original poster)

#24: Post by JackHK (original poster) »

I 'm not in a hurry, I have e61 DB machine.

DC 58mm upgrade is 350$ ekstra.. so expensive extra cost, for a expensive machine :? but thanks for input, I will look on this

I 'm not that happy with Decent cause its thermoblock, there I will waith for carimari launch there 1919 induction heat, there are bit delay cause the Corona saturation, so its sounds like there will be ready with this new technology next year.

Else I better wanna go for the GS3 or if Carimari launce there Genius Pro.

I just wondering why there is so little on the market, we have machines, but boilers is to small, its will be so easy and very cheap to upgrade the spec.
EMC already do it on the Syncronica with 2L steam boiler upgrade, but its still a manual machine

Peter_SVK

#25: Post by Peter_SVK »

JackHK wrote: ... DC 58mm upgrade is 350$ ekstra.. so expensive extra cost, for a expensive machine :? but thanks for input, I will look on this ...
Studio is not that expensive, if you know, where to buy it. That's even more easier, if you are living in Denmark :lol:
(https://www.kontracoffee.com/dalla-corte-studio).
58mm kit is for extra ca. 240€ (Dalla Corte 58mm Kit)

JackHK (original poster)

#26: Post by JackHK (original poster) replying to Peter_SVK »

Yes I see.. but I also see the 58mm DC kit is still a campromise its still not standart 58mm

Citat form your link in this forum
<---------------->
The diameter is a bit smaller than the standard 58mm grouphead. A regular VST basket has a 70mm outer diameter, and the Dalla Corte IMS 58mm baskets are 68mm on the outer rim. So a regular VST can't fit the Dalla Corte machine. The baskets that come with the kit have a narrower outer rim.
<................>

Thank thanks for your reply m8

Peter_SVK

#27: Post by Peter_SVK »

Right, but that is not a big problem since IMS series B68 fits, or standard VST or LM Strada slightly trimmed around the edge. :wink:

RobindG

#28: Post by RobindG »

Or insert a regular 58mm filter basket like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxLT3DZQ-s0
The portafilter is from the 58mm kit, made bottomless.
★ Helpful

Peter_SVK

#29: Post by Peter_SVK »

Sorry, I forgot that option ...

bhauff

#30: Post by bhauff »

JackHK wrote:I 'm not in a hurry, I have e61 DB machine.

DC 58mm upgrade is 350$ ekstra.. so expensive extra cost, for a expensive machine :? but thanks for input, I will look on this

I 'm not that happy with Decent cause its thermoblock, there I will waith for carimari launch there 1919 induction heat, there are bit delay cause the Corona saturation, so its sounds like there will be ready with this new technology next year.

Else I better wanna go for the GS3 or if Carimari launce there Genius Pro.

I just wondering why there is so little on the market, we have machines, but boilers is to small, its will be so easy and very cheap to upgrade the spec.
EMC already do it on the Syncronica with 2L steam boiler upgrade, but its still a manual machine
I am not trying to convince you to get a Decent, but I did want to correct your statement. The Decent does NOT have a thermoblock. It is a very different technology: The existing heaters are 1.2m/4ft of SS tubing wrapped around a heating element encased in cast metal heater core. They are not thermoblocks, an important distinction.
Enjoying the adventure is as rewarding as the destination.