La Marzocco Linea Mini R

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Jaroslav

#1: Post by Jaroslav »

Looks like we're getting a refreshed Linea Mini today! Refreshed design (reminds of Micra) with a new drip tray, shot timer, new two valve pre-infusion system, extended shot time (99s) and apparently comes with Micra's new portafilter as well.

Starting at € 4.150,00 (VAT excluded)

https://lamarzocco.com/uk/en/home-produ ... ea-mini-r/

Jaroslav

stump007

#2: Post by stump007 »

So, the product refresh turned out to be true!

Seems the real new feature is the "2 valve pre-infusion"?
Wondering what this really means, as in LM language, pre-infusion means water line pressure... which the previous Mini already did... unless they just mean the same but enabled even without plumbing in?

Personally the 99s shot extension is the only feature I'll envy a little. :D

Jaroslav (original poster)

#3: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

Indeed! I don't envy anything apart from the new drip tray grate, I really like the design! It probably won't fit the pre-facelift Mini, the width of the new Mini is slightly less (I think). I'm not really digging that shot timer though, I think it disrupts the clean look and it's unnessesary especially if you use the Brew By Weight scale. It's sort of useless, unless it can stop the shot at set time. It looks better on the black Mini. What I'm really curious about is whether they fixed the issue with pump vibrations :)
Jaroslav

Jimmy_The_Saint

#4: Post by Jimmy_The_Saint »

Agreed. The drip tray design is nice and unless it's just the photo the matte finish paddle/taps look cool.

Micra PF feels like a downgrade unless you just get it as an extra accessory.

I agree the shot-timer somewhat spoils the clean look but I kinda feel for LM as everyone's apparently obsessed with shot-timers so they sort of had to include one somewhere.

Just get a nice watch with a second hand!

I'll happily stick with my OG Mini.

#5: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

Yeah, I wouldn't be very happy about the portafilter. I can understand it's purpose with the Micra, but the Mini should always come with a high quality stainless steel portafilter. It's a classic.

Just doublechecked the dimensions, they're both 35.5cm/14in in width so the drip tray grate may actually fit!
Jaroslav

stump007

#6: Post by stump007 »

Jaroslav wrote:Indeed! I don't envy anything apart from the new drip tray grate, I really like the design! It probably won't fit the pre-facelift Mini, the width of the new Mini is slightly less (I think). I'm not really digging that shot timer though, I think it disrupts the clean look and it's unnessesary especially if you use the Brew By Weight scale. It's sort of useless, unless it can stop the shot at set time. It looks better on the black Mini. What I'm really curious about is whether they fixed the issue with pump vibrations :)
Pump vibration issue?

Yeah also not a huge fan of the shot timer either. It does look good on the black version but looks off on the others. I guess that's why they are leading with images of the black version :D

#7: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

stump007 wrote:Pump vibration issue?
You'd need to go through the few pages in La Marzocco Linea Mini Vibration Solution Ideas to know what I mean. Basically, the rubber mounts are a really poor pick. Replacing them with something softer reduces the vibrations/rattling and overall noise significantly.
Jaroslav

#8: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

Bunch of videos just dropped on their YT.
Jaroslav

#9: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

If this drip tray grate fits, then the new one will fit the original Linea Mini as well. Nice! I'll definitely try and get one, it looks really nice.

Jaroslav

Jimmy_The_Saint

#10: Post by Jimmy_The_Saint »

Nice vid.

Definitely keen on those 'soft-touch' finishes. I've never been a huge fan of the wooden accessories unless one goes all-out custom Specht style.

Maybe they'll be available as spares. EDIT: Looks like they won't be compatible as they have the integrated LEDs.

Also quite like the new angled lines of the upper section from the side which appear to line through with the PF handle.