La Marzocco Linea Mini R - Page 18

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
Laurintzon

#171: Post by Laurintzon »

cb wrote:Just put a water block / aquastop on the line to the Mini. That way you can prevent the worst damage by controlling max water output per some time unit. That's what I'll be doing next week when getting my Mini plumbed in but not drained out.

EDIT: And my local LM tech recommended to turn off the water when you leave for longer periods of time.
Thanks, great to hear your comment and that you're planning to do something similar. I wouldn't mind the reservoir but really want to get the true preinfusion working. And for Flojet I don't unfortunately have space.

Michael_D

#172: Post by Michael_D »

There are auto shut-off valves that sense flow you could install.

Is there an advantage to buying one of these machines from a dealer, versus direct from LM? They all appear to be drop-shipped from LM anyway, so I'm wondering what benefit there is buying from a dealer.

Jaroslav (original poster)

#173: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) replying to Michael_D »

If the dealer throws in a spouted stainless steel portafilter for free, buy from the dealer :) In other words, some dealers may offer extras and maybe a discount as well.

Service can be better if you buy from a dealer as well. I bought mine via ECS, and whenever something broke, they were fine with sending me parts for free and letting me fix it myself. La Marzocco never wanted me to fix my machine myself, always wanted to send tech over. I got replacement parts and fixed the machine within 24h from ECS, repairs through La Marzocco take weeks.
Jaroslav

cb
Supporter ♡

#174: Post by cb »

Laurintzon wrote:Thanks, great to hear your comment and that you're planning to do something similar. I wouldn't mind the reservoir but really want to get the true preinfusion working. And for Flojet I don't unfortunately have space.
I'm not talking about Flojet or reservoir :) Aquastop / water block is a little device that you put on the line to the machine. If water flow exceeds some amount per some time unit, it blocks the water. Here's a photo of my setup - the line that's not in use is (also) fitted with a gray aquastop / water block device and is ready for getting a Brita filter installed next week that will serve the Mini.

Laurintzon

#175: Post by Laurintzon replying to cb »

Thanks for sharing your "underground" setup! Yes I know Aquastop, I have one with my dishwasher, sorry for being a little unclear. But it's actually a good point to use it with Mini as well, didn't think about it before. My coffee station is not on a kitchen countertop but next to it in a kind of an open closet, and I want all the pipes etc. hidden. That's why the drainage might be a problem because the pipe would need to go flat partly, but the vertical difference might still be enough. Need to check with the plumber.

Michael_D

#176: Post by Michael_D »

The product page for the waterblock. You can find them from a variety of sellers on Ebay. I'd make sure to get one with reset. https://www.waterblocksolutions.com/en/ ... aterblock/

Paladin350

#177: Post by Paladin350 »

HI, new member and 1st time poster here. Just came across this review of the LMR. Hope you find it useful.

https://www.kaffeemacher.ch/blog/la-mar ... ea-mini-r/

cwalker199

#178: Post by cwalker199 »

I just heard back from LM regarding that I received the Linea Mini OG right before they release Linea Mini R. They offered me brew by mass scale & the wooden customization kit ($789) for free. I already have the $400 scale so they will provide the refund for me. Regarding the wooden customization kit, LM can also swap it with the cool touch steam wand ($700). Any suggestion on if I shall take the customization kit (for cosmetic purposes) or the more practical cool touch steam wand?

I personally feel that customization kit, although more expensive, can be acquired through other vendors (such as wowa design) with much cheaper price. The cool touch steam wand, on the other hand, can be only purchased through LM or its authorized distributors.

Thank you so much for your input!

Jaroslav (original poster)

#179: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) replying to cwalker199 »

Did they say Cool Touch or Pro Touch? The Cool Touch doesn't cost much nowhere near $700, it wouldn't be a great deal, so make sure it's the actual Pro Touch made in the US.

I'd personally go with the wand upgrade if it's the Pro Touch, that's a very nice move from La Marzocco's side.
Jaroslav

Laurintzon

#180: Post by Laurintzon »

Maybe a stupid question but now that Linea Mini R has the pump pressure adjustment easily on the top, why couldn't you use this also for active pressure profiling (by turning the screw)? Of course you could then modify it so that you could just use eg your fingers to turn a knob.

I think I'm missing something..