La Marzocco Linea Mini R - Page 16

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
BaristaBob

#151: Post by BaristaBob »

Sorzen wrote:Looking at the parts list for the Mini-R, it appears it has the smaller 0.6mm gicleur (same as the Micra).

Page 26 on the parts catalogue.
I was told by LM Home that the gicleur is the same as on the GS3...whatever size that is? Water debit is 250g/30 sec.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

Sorzen

#152: Post by Sorzen replying to BaristaBob »

Not sure what the size in the GS3, but 250G/30sec sounds like 0.6mm. 0.8mm from what I remember would definitely be about 500G/30sec

Laurintzon

#153: Post by Laurintzon »

Considering a Linea Mini R. Would then plumb it in in order to get a proper preinfusion. I think that the app says that you have to drain out if you plumb in. Is it just a general guidance, i.e. the machine works without draining out? This question of course relates to other models too. Drainage might be a little difficult for me.

Jaroslav (original poster)

#154: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) »

BaristaBob wrote:Also how deep is the machine. Different spec sheets say 45.7 or 53.3 cm...which is it?

Here's the classic Linea Mini for comparison.

Jaroslav

AT06

#155: Post by AT06 »

Some photos for you all.

BaristaBob

#156: Post by BaristaBob »

Jaroslav wrote:image

Here's the classic Linea Mini for comparison.

Thanks, that's perfect. I think LM messed up a little with the front on view base dimension calculation in inches...but the millimeters are there so the base is actually 12.6 inches.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

lagoon

#157: Post by lagoon »

Laurintzon wrote:Considering a Linea Mini R. Would then plumb it in in order to get a proper preinfusion. I think that the app says that you have to drain out if you plumb in. Is it just a general guidance, i.e. the machine works without draining out? This question of course relates to other models too. Drainage might be a little difficult for me.
If it will be plumbed to an "infinite" water source, I would be hesitant to plumb in if it's not also plumbed out to a drain. Should the machine develop a leak from the group for example, the drip tray would quickly be overwhelmed by an essentially unlimited supply of water until you get home.

However if you are going to use something like a flojet to plumb in from a large bottle, then that would be workable. Worst case in the event of a leak would be the contents of the bottle (eg: a 15-20 litre water cooler bottle).

Laurintzon

#158: Post by Laurintzon replying to lagoon »

Thanks for your comment. This is the risk I would be willing to take. However, I would have a faucet to close the waterline when the machine is off. I use a similar setup with my fridge/freezer (for ice cubes). I don't know if this faucet system would work? I also still try to get the drainage to work out.

Edit. Spoke with a local distributor. You can plumb in and not drain out but this is at your own risk. They have had some customers but don't recommend it. The machine itself, however, works fine. They also recommend the faucet that you would always close when the machine is off (but should always kept open when the machine is on). They also said that with Mini it's a bigger hassle to put the tank back on (e.g. if you want to take the machine with you somewhere) whereas with GS3 it's a rather simple process. Sorry for a little off topic!

AT06

#159: Post by AT06 »

Just timed the Linea Mini R from stone cold to heated with 2 bar steam pressure on 220v.

10 minutes on the dot. So about 3-4 mins longer than the Micra.

Jaroslav (original poster)

#160: Post by Jaroslav (original poster) replying to AT06 »

Is it actually 2bar when you set it to max in the app? I thought I saw La Marzocco say it's 1.7bar.
Jaroslav