1 yr old ECM Synchronika click sound

Need help with equipment usage or want to share your latest discovery?
stiksandstones

#1: Post by stiksandstones »

Hello...
I have a one year old ECM Synchronika with flow control from WLL, love it.
In the last few weeks, month, after warm up....I flush some water through the group head to warm the portafilter basket, remove and wipe before loading with coffee. When the pump is refilling the boiler as it normally should (I think thats what the sound is), when it is done filling, I hear a CLICK sound, metallic sound, maybe plastic, and it may be completely normal, but, I do not remember hearing this in the early days of my one year ownership haha.
Everything works fine, great machine, but this clicking after pumping, normal?

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by Nunas »

stiksandstones wrote:<snip>When the pump is refilling the boiler as it normally should (I think thats what the sound is), when it is done filling, I hear a CLICK sound, metallic sound, maybe plastic, and it may be completely normal, but, I do not remember hearing this in the early days of my one year ownership haha. Everything works fine, great machine, but this clicking after pumping, normal?
Yes. I actually had to go and mess with my Synk to figure this out; you'd think that after owning it for a long time, I'd know if it clicked or not :oops: It does. It's probably the fill solenoid closing, but I couldn't say for sure without opening it up. Yes, it's a great machine!

stiksandstones (original poster)

#3: Post by stiksandstones (original poster) »

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will continue using it worry free then haha.

SandraF

#4: Post by SandraF »

I've had my Synchronika around 9 months, and yes there is a sort of metallic click after pump refills steam boiler (I believe that's when it happens). It's normal on my machine.

adcampo

#5: Post by adcampo »

It was bugging me too. Clive said it was the normal sound of the solenoid.

Auctor

#6: Post by Auctor »

Hmm...now that you guys are talking about this more, I've noticed this as well. I don't know this for sure, but I think it was more likely to make this sound when I was feeding 0 TDS water into the tank, instead of my normal RPavlis 40-80 TDS. I haven't heard this in a long time...