Will My Setup Spontaneously Combust?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
mdreuben
Supporter ❤

#1: Post by mdreuben »

Not my idea! My wife had a taste for Pumpkin Spice. I just want to make sure that my equipment will survive the affront to its sensibilities.

nguye569

#2: Post by nguye569 »

you lose some cool points.

That's pre ground right? seems minimal risk since it won't be fed into your grinder.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by Nunas »

Oh, you're treading on dangerous turf here. It's a little-known fact that the latest *$'s coffees have a hidden digital code that adds a virus to the new generation of digital espresso machines. Use these beans just once and after that, they will only dispense into a paper cup with a no-burn sleeve. I'm told that the coffee will always have a slightly burnt flavour to it, no matter what setting you use. I would urge the utmost caution. Be sure to make a back-up copy of your machine's software if you do try this stuff. :wink: :lol:

Randy G.

#4: Post by Randy G. »

To each, their own. You could probably brew scented cat litter if you so desired with minimal threat of irreversible damage to the machine.
But if you get that stuff near my machine I wouldn't have to feed my dog tonight. :lol:
EspressoMyEspresso.com - 2000-2023 - a good run, its time is done

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by emradguy »

nguye569 wrote:you lose some cool points.

That's pre ground right? seems minimal risk since it won't be fed into your grinder.
Agree with this. Absolutely a must to keep flavored beans out of your grinders. It's a real b!t@& to get rid of those scents once you do. The rest of your gear should be ok...especially if it's all ceramic, stainless or glass...or single use (like a paper filter).
LMWDP #748