Who is your favorite online roaster? - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.

Who is your favorite online roaster?

Barrington Coffee Roasting
1%
Batdorf & Bronson
1%
Bluebottle Coffee
5%
Counter Culture Coffee
12%
Caffe Fresco
16%
Coffee Emergency
4%
Intelligentsia Coffee Roasters
19%
Stumptown Coffee Roasters
9%
Terroir Coffee
3%
Other
29%

Total votes: 173

laservet

#21: Post by laservet »

Espresso Milano and Espresso D'Oro at Williamsburg Coffee and Tea.

http://www.wcoffee.com

hperry

#22: Post by hperry »

Caffe Fresco - particularly Ambrosia although I've tried and liked several of the others. Service is stellar and shipping is modestly priced relative to much of the competition.
Hal Perry

randomperson

#23: Post by randomperson »

I'm just in awe of everything Terroir offers. Besides a wonderful array of drip coffee, their espresso offerings are superb, either the N. Italian or the more forgiving S. Italian Daterra. Plus their monthly SO espressos are both unique and excellent. Terroir never over-roasts any of its coffee and really specializes in lighter roasts so that the true flavor of each single origin comes through.

Most amazing is their customer service. Order online at two, have it roasted that very day, shipped by 6pm and in my hands the following morning for about $5 in shipping costs (they are in Massachusetts, and I have them ship to Vermont). Depending on your location, YMMV -- but you will always get the freshest possible roast (they roast to order, or so it seems) and they actually date their packages -- a rare thing these days.

Can't say enough about them. George Howell and the gang absolutely rock!

olypdd

#24: Post by olypdd »

I use Vivace's Vita blend almost exclusively. I have tried alot of others but I keep using Vivace. Not just because the shots are so incredible, but so is their service. They roast and ship same day and I receive my coffee the next. I am an hour south of them so we sometimes go there for coffee.

Rich
The truth shall set you free....or perhaps not.

rpirong

#25: Post by rpirong »

Ecco's Northern Italian Reserve and Rocket Coffee's Classic Espresso.

Both so much better than I was getting from my local roaster!

Richard

cappadoc

#26: Post by cappadoc »

This last week, Metropolis forgot to ship my order.
Tony called me personally the next day to apologize and offered to make it right.

Amazing coffee, UNBELIEVEABLE service.

Jeff

smt

#27: Post by smt »

I just received my first roast of Caffe Fresco Ambrosia and really like it. Interesting, Ken Davids does not rate it highly. In fact a lot of what he rates highly, I really do not like that much. Any one have similar experience, or think that Caffe Fresco changed since Davids's review?

chelya

#28: Post by chelya replying to smt »

The original review was done more then a year ago, I think. I too find that I do not like some of the higher rated coffees and I do like some of the coffees that ranked lower.
In any case Ambrosia has changed. I think it will play higher in Ken's book now.

If you want to nominate it for another review, you can do it here: http://www.coffeereview.com/nominate.cfm
Personally I am very curious at how Ken would rate it now.

Layvodvo

#29: Post by Layvodvo »

Counter Culture Coffee