Who is currently roasting the fruitiest coffee right now? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
tennisman03110

#11: Post by tennisman03110 »

Blue Bottle Coffee is always good and they often have light roasted and fruity single origins.

I can't say I've had anything recent though. They're a bit above my normal price range.

GeorgeP922

#12: Post by GeorgeP922 »

Just recently I tasted what I would call citrus fruit or just pleasant acidity drinking Big Truck by Olympia, apparently well known.
I have been pretty limited in variety of roasts, recently I decided to change that and try new roasters who have a good sale.

I am pretty sure this was a eureka (not the grinder) moment for me, was so excited I told my family (to many eye rolls)
I liked it so much I stuck in the far back of my freezer to "save" it.
I hope to repeat this experience often.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
Hwynboy

#13: Post by Hwynboy »

I enjoy Klatch coffee belle espresso for fruity notes.

User avatar
lancealot

#14: Post by lancealot »

Based on this thread I tracked down Happy Mug Ethiopia Halo Bariti. When I went to their site, it was only listed under greens. They had an Ethopia from Worka listed. I emailed them and they said that they had not sold the Halo Bariti roasted. They use it in one of their espresso blends (maybe Bigfoot???). They said the Worka is a bit higher quality. They said that if someone here had bought an Ethopian roasted, this was like 4 weeks ago, than it was the Worka.

So I bought some. It has been nice. I didn't get a chance to pull it as espresso, it has been strictly Aeropress for me. Got other things in the grinder hopper. It has been fun to play with the extraction. Hot and fine gives me the a really nice Meyer lemon up front followed by the berry notes. I am usually one who goes away from citrus acidity in coffee but I was really surprised at how smooth and sweet this. Extracted cooler and coarser and the lemon goes away, berry is up front and there are fairly strong bass notes for a coffee that is roasted this light. I'd say it is medium / light. Not the fruitiest coffee I have had, but darn delicious in the press.

It is 3 weeks off roast now, it dropped off considerably about a week ago. I think it was best in week 2. I still have a few grams left and I am not complaining.

Next up is the Yerg. from Northbound Roasters. I have 2 pounds on the bench. Never had their coffees before. This might be a fresh crop for them? It will see the aeropress and the portafilter.

DarrenJones

#15: Post by DarrenJones »

Hwynboy wrote:I enjoy Klatch coffee belle espresso for fruity notes.
Klatch Belle is the fruitiest I've had, and definitely one of my favorite beans overall.

User avatar
Chert
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by Chert »

lancealot wrote:
Next up is the Yerg. from Northbound Roasters. I have 2 pounds on the bench. Never had their coffees before. This might be a fresh crop for them? It will see the aeropress and the portafilter.
"strawberry. Raspberry. Syrupy".

That does sound fruity and really good.

I am a fan of Northbound.
I sponsor Artisan Roasterscope.

Leelo77

#17: Post by Leelo77 »

Thank you for this!! These guys have been amazing for the price

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
Hwynboy

#18: Post by Hwynboy »

tennisman03110 wrote:Blue Bottle Coffee is always good and they often have light roasted and fruity single origins.

I can't say I've had anything recent though. They're a bit above my normal price range.
blue bottle has some really good roasts.

nameisjoey

#19: Post by nameisjoey »

lancealot wrote:Based on this thread I tracked down Happy Mug Ethiopia Halo Bariti. When I went to their site, it was only listed under greens. They had an Ethopia from Worka listed. I emailed them and they said that they had not sold the Halo Bariti roasted. They use it in one of their espresso blends (maybe Bigfoot???)
Weird they told you that - maybe someone who's new? Here is a screen shot of my order summary on 3/12/21


I do wonder if it's in their Bigfoot blend. It surely can't be in their other espresso blend. I've never noticed any fruits in the Bigfoot blend but I guess it could be possible.