What's your favourite cultivar - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Chert

#31: Post by Chert »

That's all that comes up for me too a farm in Colombia. I'll check the link you provided
current musing: HUKY roasting over electric heat

Chert

#32: Post by Chert »

Eureka:

From last year's Daterra sale: " Paraiso is a cross between a Timor Hybrid and a Yellow Catuai. The trees are short and give yellow cherries that make great cups. Besides that, the Paraíso trees are resistant to the leaf rust and to a particularly dangerous type of nematode called Meloidogyne exigua."
current musing: HUKY roasting over electric heat

DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#33: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) » replying to Chert »

Link for Daterra is here and here

There's not a lot of information on it except what Daterra says so it probably is some type of micro test lot. It's not the first catuai/timor cross, another successful one called Catigua but it's from a red catuai not yellow but it seems to have the same resistant qualities this Paraiso is good for. Coffee varietals can be pretty competitive and exclusive so Daterra probably has a lot of incentive to make their own.

DamianWarS (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#34: Post by DamianWarS (original poster) »

redbone wrote:New rediscovered coffee species similar to Arabica in taste named Coffea stenophylla. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41477- ... www.cbc.ca
Yes I'm aware of this and would love to try it, but I don't even think it's sold yet. It's supposed to be fairly tolerant to warmer climates like the 25C range which off hand may be ideal for places like Indonesia that has the ideal growing elevation but less than ideal hotter temps.