What's WOWing you right now (coffees, roasters) - Page 7

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Tampajose

#61: Post by Tampajose »

El Salvador Apaneca Finca Miraville from Sweet marias. Home roasted, I had a revelation :D I read 'coffee and espresso blends ' article here at HB and came to apreciate natural process coffee beans. So much better for espresso shots, I usually have mine as a Capo in B.What a great website y'all have here :)
USS DETROIT AOE4

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#62: Post by Shakespeare »

Pour-over...looking for light roasted bean recommendations to purchase immediately.
Sweet, Fruit, berry, orange etc..
Thanks

Ivyb82

#63: Post by Ivyb82 »

Try Ivan Solis - Candy Natural from Black & White. It has orange/citrus notes.

cmin

#64: Post by cmin »

MSS wrote: The pour over was reminiscent of the espresso pulls, tasting over roasted and strong unpleasant flavors.
skittles_s wrote:Piling on w/re to the Klatch Guji. It doesn't lack personality, that's for sure.
RyanP wrote:If you think it's "a lot" as pourover just wait until you pull an espresso! :shock:
jasonmolinari wrote: I tried it as pourover first (before espresso) and to me, it was even worse. It tasted straight up defective.
So I ran out of beans and forgot to place an order so waiting on that shipment. I remembered I still had some of that Guji in the freezer. So I tried pour over as I already hated it for espresso lol. Ooooof, I don't know which is worse, espresso or pour over. It's just gross, even iced it taste like fermented wine that went bad.

This may be the worse coffee I've ever had by far in 12+ years lol. There's no way the Klatch guys liked it, I bet they all gagged too. Funny thing is I chatted with another Roaster and I brought it up, he actually sampled it and did not buy those Guji greens lol. Said it was in the top 5 of worst coffees he's ever had.

stangman

#65: Post by stangman »

I enjoyed the Bolivia Geisha so much that I purchased the "Geisha Triple Pack - Competition Series". This past month was my first time ever trying a geisha and I can now say that I see why people love it so much.

https://cafekreyol.com/shop/geisha-trip ... on-series/

jbviau
Supporter ★

#66: Post by jbviau »

Monogram Danilo Salazar (Costa Rica, natural anaerobic)--the most perfect holiday coffee I've ever had the pleasure of ingesting. It was in Revolver's coffee advent calendar, so over a month off roast, but just...wow. Notes were spot on, i.e. apple for days combined with spiced pastry/cookie. I hesitated to even post this since the coffee is out of stock online, but in the end I just wanted it to be "on the record." Did anyone else try it? I don't even like anaerobics usually.

p.s. It was a Clever brew, ground on the Fuji.

"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias

skittles_s

#67: Post by skittles_s »

cmin wrote:So I ran out of beans and forgot to place an order so waiting on that shipment. I remembered I still had some of that Guji in the freezer. So I tried pour over as I already hated it for espresso lol. Ooooof, I don't know which is worse, espresso or pour over. It's just gross, even iced it taste like fermented wine that went bad.

This may be the worse coffee I've ever had by far in 12+ years lol. There's no way the Klatch guys liked it, I bet they all gagged too. Funny thing is I chatted with another Roaster and I brought it up, he actually sampled it and did not buy those Guji greens lol. Said it was in the top 5 of worst coffees he's ever had.
I would not describe anything you've written as exaggerated. I also still have some in the freezer and simply cannot bring myself to brew it. Yuck.

zeops

#68: Post by zeops replying to skittles_s »

I am probably doing something wrong, or my palate is demented, but I am thoroughly enjoying the Klatch Guji Anaerobic.
So.... if anyone whats to rid their pantry, freezer of the stinker, please send me a PM and I'll email you a prepaid shipping label.

spressomon

#69: Post by spressomon »

Peregrine Ethiopia Wote Konga. One of a few favorites all year and then some.

No Espresso = Depresso

jbviau
Supporter ★

#70: Post by jbviau »

spressomon wrote:Peregrine Ethiopia Wote Konga. One of a few favorites all year and then some.
Sounds great. How "in your face" is the blueberry with this one? I feel like I've been chasing a true blueberry bomb since 2008 (Misty Valley).
"It's not anecdotal evidence, it's artisanal data." -Matt Yglesias