What US roasters would sell coffee like Tim Wendelboe - also, how is Nordic Post to USA?

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Acavia

#1: Post by Acavia »

Recently, I had two coffees Tim Wendelboe. Both were very good, maybe best coffee I have brewed. I want to get more but shipping was a lot - I used NHL. Nordic Post is about 1/3 the cost but I assume it takes longer. Anyone use it for a Wendelboe order to USA? How long did it take?

Also, what US roasters sell comparable coffee?

Nate42

#2: Post by Nate42 »

Nordic post took a couple weeks when I tried it. Not the worst since very light roasts need a long rest anyway.

La Marzocco · Home: customized for espresso aficionados
Sponsored by La Marzocco · Home
coffeechan

#3: Post by coffeechan »

Hagen Coffee Roasters seems to do Nordic style roasts. It's not my type of coffee and its pricy so I haven't tried it. It's worth checking out. It came recommended from the Kafatek forums.

https://www.hagencoffeeroasters.com/

Jeff
Team HB

#4: Post by Jeff »

Typically 10-14 days for La Cabra to San Francisco with NordPost.

Eiern

#5: Post by Eiern »

Even I who live here in Oslo don't open my Wendelboe bags before at least the 10th day after roast and if it takes 14 days you're still at peak and don't lose anything so I'd try the cheapest if postal service isn't extra slow caused by covid still.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by LBIespresso »

I think Passenger is worth a try.
LMWDP #580

cccpu

#7: Post by cccpu »

Have you checked out SEY?
LMWDP #583

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
clc12rock

#8: Post by clc12rock »

I do the April subscription with Nordic Post shipping from Copenhagen to Raleigh, NC. Takes anywhere from 7-10 days usually. I've ordered from Coffee Collective in the past (also out of CPH) and their shipping only took like 4 days. Like someone else mentioned, the roasts are light, so they're usually ready to be opened by the time they get here. I usually let them rest for 14 days. April offers free Nordic Post shipping if you buy 4 bags.

Check out Sey. They roast very light. Black & White's light roasts are basically Scandinavian.

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#9: Post by walr00s »

I ordered the Naciemiento Pink Bourbon from Tim Wendelboe on April 14th and received it ~2 weeks later...Frankly I wouldn't order again though. The coffee had a funky flavor that really just never went away over time the way it does with many other light roasts and I have to wonder if it was due to handling during shipping (lack of temp control mainly).

I've been ordering from around the country for about 6 months now and I have to say...if you're in the Austin area there's not much difference in quality from the best stuff that I've had shipped here and the best stuff I buy here (Levercraft, Figure 8, Barrett's), unless you're talking decaf. Barrett's Natural Ethiopean is one of my favorite naturals. But if you are going to order from national roasters doing light roast stuff, Brandywine would probably be my recommended starting point. Onyx is up there too.

Acavia (original poster)

#10: Post by Acavia (original poster) »

Eiern wrote:Even I who live here in Oslo don't open my Wendelboe bags before at least the 10th day after roast and if it takes 14 days you're still at peak and don't lose anything so I'd try the cheapest if postal service isn't extra slow caused by covid still.
Someone at Wendelboe replied to me that it would take 14 days but with Coid problems some deliveries have taken a month. So I might wait a while and get a subscription when it clears up.