What kind of coffee should I choose (if I'm sensitive to coffee)? - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CoffeeBar

#21: Post by CoffeeBar »

Elin wrote:
I know that light roast coffee has more acidity & caffeine...

BUT...

I tried a light roasted (blonde) coffee from a local roaster, & made coffee with my drip coffee machine...I tried it but I got no symptoms! Nothing! My stomach was fine & I didn't get anxious at all. Everything went normal.

The only thing that I didn't like was body/color & taste.
Disclaimer; The below statement have not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This is personal and friendship advice only, It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

We may all know unroasted green coffee beans are Raw foods, Say, If you eat raw green vegetables or lightly steam vegetables, you may find it is hard to eat ( I mean it tastes not good bitter and grassy ) But, these raw vegetables do easy for our body to digest, unlike The highly processed foods, They make you feel bloating or heartburn. So MY GUESS here, the Light roasted beans( due to less processed, less cooked ), they do not make you feel uncomfortable. I've seen many health coach even suggest drink more light roasted beans coffee for good health, because light roasted bean contained more Chlorogenic acid thus more Antioxidants.

The darker the roast means more processed ( overcooked ) contained less Chlorogenic acid = Less or no Antioxidants.

I wish you all the best here and good health always. Take good care my friend :D

CoffeeBar

#22: Post by CoffeeBar »

If you feel the light roasted coffee bean is good for you, then better you have nothing to drink. Even you don't like its taste.

Thank you

Elin (original poster)

#23: Post by Elin (original poster) »

Thanks alot ! @coffeebar
Yeah I guess it's probably true! Cuz light roast, while noy having a strong body or taste, works better for me!

Just another question,

While blonde roast works so well, it's hard to find (& most local places I visit, mix it with other roasts)
& I've heard starbucks blonde roast is actually medium roast.

I also know that most supermarket brands are called bulk coffee & are not high quality,
I just want to know which coffee brand is more like what I can try, out of the brands I mention (if you know any of them) ;

Full bodied
Not bitter or sour (citrusy)
Not over roasted (burnt taste)
Not strong (stomach friendly, anti-anxiety)

Brands;
Starbucks (has lotsa blends)
Lavazza qualita Oro
Lavazza qualita Rossa
Lavazza crema gusto
Lavazza caffe espresso
Other Lavazzas
Illy Moka
Illy espresso
Illy Decaf
Jacobs Kronung

If you had to choose one (for my taste) which one would you pick?
Which one is more tolerable?