What is wow'ing you? - Page 94

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
isleofman

#931: Post by isleofman »

pGolay wrote:I just stopped by Issaquah Coffee in Issaquah, Wa. - serving 'Campos Superior Blend' espresso - new to me - very nice indeed. Looks like Salt Lake City based.
I love Campos. It is a high quality Australian chain. Their first (perhaps still only) US outpost is in Park City, Utah - right at the base of the Pay Day lift. Such a pleasant surprise to have access to outstanding coffee so close to righteous skiing. I now choose my Park City lodging to be close to Campos. One of the condos I stay in is closer to Campos than my bedroom is to my espresso machine at home.

Superior is very nice. I think their US website is now up and running for mail order.

Coffeeguy123

#932: Post by Coffeeguy123 »

I've been really enjoying Onyx Coffee Lab coffees recently, especially Ethiopia Worka and Monarch Espresso, I like the more chocolatey tasting coffees.

Advertisement
Stanford55
Supporter ♡

#933: Post by Stanford55 »

grog wrote:Olympia's San Sebastian Reserva from Colombia. This smells like pie crust when you are grinding it and makes some of the sweetest straight shots I've had in months. Been loving how easy it is to dial in and hit spot on, too. If someone asked for a coffee that is a good middle of the road transition from a traditional comfort espresso blend to a more fruit forward, lighter roast, this is where I would steer them. Great stuff.
Care to share your recipe? I'm partial to Olympia's beans, (Big Truck for espresso, Jibicho Natural for pour over), but haven't tried San Sebastian yet.

shfflz

#934: Post by shfflz »

Coffee Collective from Copenhagen has been my go to the past few weeks.

grog

#935: Post by grog »

Stanford55 wrote:Care to share your recipe? I'm partial to Olympia's beans, (Big Truck for espresso, Jibicho Natural for pour over), but haven't tried San Sebastian yet.
I'm dosing 20g in the EP 21g ridgeless basket. My machine has some headspace challenges and I've gotten the best results by updosing in baskets that can take bigger doses. I do about a 10 second preinfusion and let it go for about 15-20 seconds until it's blonding.
LMWDP #514

spressomon

#936: Post by spressomon »

I'm getting very good results, relative to "everyday beans", from Olympia's Big Truck blend: 19g in a 20g VST, 18-sec pre-brew/infusion, 33-35g in the cup over about 35-seconds of brew time via Monolith Flat & Slayer (Slayer set to 196°).
No Espresso = Depresso

johnX

#937: Post by johnX »

I just received my first order from Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
The Beans I ordered were all Fair Trade, USDA Organic cert..
So far the Black Knight: dark roasted (some oil), great morning espresso, bold, nutty, slight chocolate, no sourness.
The Black Knight roast are very nice mail order beans, they check all my boxes and are at a good price.
I'm looking forward to trying the 3 other beans.
Regards,
John

Advertisement
def

#938: Post by def »

I tried Zeke's (Rhode Island Avenue, Washington DC) 1812 espresso blend today. It has five different beans and is a Northern Italian roast -- not super light and not dark. I like this a lot. I think it competes well with Caffé Lusso Gran Miscela Carmo, the latter has just a little more fruity taste, but I think 1812 makes a better straight shot. I pulled my shots with a double basket, 16.5 grams in, 32 grams out, 198F (approximately), and 40-45s using a spring lever machine. Excellent tasting espresso. Very smooth, balanced, and creamy.

shfflz

#939: Post by shfflz »

Anyone tried the line of coffee beans from Tartine Manufactory? Is it worth exploring?

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#940: Post by LBIespresso »

Coptic Light Reko Yirgacheffe

Picked some up at Joe Pro in Chelsea. My favorite coffee so far this year. Only had it as pour over as I am traveling but I can't wait to try it as espresso.

Has anyone else had this?
LMWDP #580