What is wow'ing you? - Page 123

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
michael

#1221: Post by michael »

MB wrote:Steady State - Kerchache Wush Wush
Very sweet and fruity. Different bean tones in this SO, which had me worried that I had wasted $$. That was until that first sip. This is one of those that smells heavenly and doesn't loose it in the brewing. It has a great lingering flavor long after your last sip. Top 1 or 2 in brewed for me this year.
Also very good as a 1:1 ristretto 8)

Parm

#1222: Post by Parm »

Picked up some Black and White Milton Monroy, a naturally processed coffee from Columbia. It's quite a light roast, and trying it just after delivery (four days off roast) I found it difficult to work with. I let it de-gas a bit longer and at 10 days off roast it's been lovely. I've been pulling shots at 18g in, 40g out. Around a 30 second shot time on the Silvia Pro at 204 degrees. Very fruit-forward, bursting with jam and berries with a hint of citrus. The acidity was hard to tackle at first but once it's dialed in it's a very balanced espresso and wonderful straight or as an Americano. As a cappuccino I found it a bit odd, but it grew on me by the end. Tasted sort of like a raspberry milk. Definitely recommend!

cmin

#1223: Post by cmin »

Ordered from Pennstock for 1st time and impressed, definitely a good and unique blend. Notes are spot on which is rare, but it's that smoked wood note that surprised me, there's totally this like smoked cedar type note to it. I've been playing with brew ratios up and down today (espresso) and it seems forgiving. Looking forward to trying other stuff from them.

Rice Bowl

#1224: Post by Rice Bowl »

Takesi Geisha from Coffee Collective. Amazing sweet coffee with huge tropical fruit notes. Hard to pull a bad shot so far with this bean with a wide array of parameters.

RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#1225: Post by RockyIII »

Urcunina from Counter Culture Coffee is one of my favorite seasonal coffees. It is a light roast from Nariño, Columbia. About a week and a half post roast, the parameters on my Olympia Cremina are about 203 deg. F., 15 grams in, 35 grams out, with 10 seconds of preinfusion and 35 seconds pull time. It is especially tasty as a straight shot and makes a great cappuccino too. The tasting notes are dried fruit, caramel, and chocolate.