What is wow'ing you? - Page 121

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Toxicswan

#1201: Post by Toxicswan »

Colombia Tio Conejo Gesha from Onyx Coffee Lab has really been amazing. I've enjoyed all the coffee I've bought from them and I love their company philosophy.

Robph914

#1202: Post by Robph914 »

Sey Pepe Arguello washed coffee from Mexico has been awesome. It's very easy to brew as a pour-over and is very balanced with nice acidity. I got it from their subscription and I don't see it on their website, so maybe it'll be available in the future? Check it out if you are able to!

mbbrew

#1203: Post by mbbrew »

Karogoto from Tim Wendelboe. I like Kenyan coffee but rarely seek it out because it can be kind of samey, but this has been one of the most perfect examples of the origin. Super clean sweet cups.

jdrobison

#1204: Post by jdrobison »

Black & White Esteban Zamora cinnamon processed makes a ridiculously delicious macchiato!

MB

#1205: Post by MB »

Huck - Chelbesa Natural (Gedeb Ethiopia) Fruit BOMB without the deep overripe blueberry of some naturals. Not too bright either. The Goldilocks of fruit flavors. Love the filter brew. Pulls tasty as a cappuccino too.

LMWDP #472

Jeff001

#1206: Post by Jeff001 »

How'd you brew this for filter? Like temp/dripper/method?

MB

#1207: Post by MB »

Sorry, I missed that post. I do a V60 with 20g beans to 300g water at 203F (but no reheating the kettle after starting). Tare scale, start timer, add about 60ish grams of water and quickly swirl the V60 to fully saturate the grounds then let it sit till 0:45, then slowly add more water in a circular pattern staying well away from the edges till scale reads about 175g, let sit until 1:30, then add the rest of the water in a similar pattern until 300g, give the most delicate and brief swirl to the V60 and let it sit until drained. I feel like the best draw down results are around 3:00 minutes but are still good if a little longer. Adjust grind to get in the neighborhood and to your taste.
I'm sure other methods will work as well or maybe better, but I find this exceptionally agreeable and tasty.
LMWDP #472

TomC
Team HB

#1208: Post by TomC »

We took an overnight trip to the Sierra Nevada foothills, to the little gold mining town that launched the Gold Rush, Sutter Creek over the weekend. All the architecture is still gold rush victorian and well preserved. One very cute cafe was serving Chocolate Fish coffee out of Sacramento and everything was delicious. I came home with a bag of their Koru Espresso blend which is quite good and pulls a beautiful mahogany reddish shot.

The cafe's main seller is called Choc-o-latte ( also the name of the place) and it's a decadent mix of chocolate sauces, milk and espresso served hot or iced. I might indulge at home once in a while with blends that have too much age on them to stand up on their own anymore.

Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Boldjava

#1209: Post by Boldjava »

TomC wrote:We took an overnight trip to the Sierra Nevada foothills, to the little gold mining town that launched the Gold Rush, Sutter Creek over the weekend. All the architecture is still gold rush victorian and well preserved.
Loved, loved the pic.
-----
LMWDP #339

TomC
Team HB

#1210: Post by TomC replying to Boldjava »

Figured you would! The woodworking and small details were inspiring. I wanna go back soon.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/