What is wow'ing you? - Page 112

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
godlyone

#1111: Post by godlyone »

Little amps coffee - a small branch of coffee shops/roaster from Harrisburg PA.

I met the owner during some of my medical school rotations (would be 7 or 8 years ago now) and he's a super nice guy.

Just ordered their Ethiopian and it's been a while since I tasted such a fruit bomb! Explodes with peach flavor

https://littleampscoffee.com/collection ... 4379556947

Free shipping on $25 plus orders

bean2friends

#1112: Post by bean2friends »

Panama Elida natural from Roastmasters. This coffee makes me believe that there's no substitute for good coffee. That is, when I start out with a quality green, if I don't screw it up too badly, I will end up with a quality coffee to drink. Maybe others can do a better job of roasting. Maybe I had a bit of a drop and then a kick at the end. But, it is a delicious coffee. I love the smell of it when grinding. And the flavors come through loud and clear in an Americano. What flavors? I don't know. I just know that it's fruity and delicious. Before getting hooked on HB, I thought I knew what I liked about coffee. I had no idea that this was something I'd enjoy.

sems

#1113: Post by sems »

Twitch blend from Press Coffee, AZ

When it's a week after roast it's a cherry bomb. With my robot and a 3D printed adjustment disk I dialed this pretty easily. After dialing in and pulling a shot on my Robot, the explosion of fruity and sweet aromas made my jaw drop. After the peak period passed, the fruity aroma got muted and turned into a very balanced nutty flavor. I love this blend!

Tried their new Ethiopia Nano Guji, another fruit bomb this time with more acidity. Pretty enjoyable. It was a let down for V60 and Aeropress, I tried 1:15 and 1:16 on V60 but the resulting cup is very tealike and lacks body. It didn't even feel like i'm drinking 15-20 grams of coffee. The fruitiness is present, a little tart but i can definitely get lime and some mango from it on par with my cupping.

To my surprise when I cupped Twitch, i didn't get any cherry but I got clear notes of hazelnut and almond. On the Ethiopia cup mango was very present.

dreadnatty08

#1114: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Brandywine - Panama La Llorona Natural

This is my first foray into a super tropical, bright, really fruity/juicy coffee. Our barista where I work highly recommended this one and I can definitely see why. It's all high notes with just a hint of some carmelized milk chocolate and a nice nutty finish. Haven't pulled any shots with it (not sure this is really going to make a great espresso), but it's a really nice V60. So far Brandywine has been a great go to with a solid decaf, and wonderful natural Ethiopian (Banko Gotiti).

MB

#1115: Post by MB »

godlyone wrote:Little amps coffee - a small branch of coffee shops/roaster from Harrisburg PA.

I met the owner during some of my medical school rotations (would be 7 or 8 years ago now) and he's a super nice guy.

Just ordered their Ethiopian and it's been a while since I tasted such a fruit bomb! Explodes with peach flavor

https://littleampscoffee.com/collection ... 4379556947

Free shipping on $25 plus orders
I ordered this one, and man, you weren't kidding. Just finished a first cup brewed. I don't always care for naturals brewed, but love them in a cappuccino; however, this was excellent as a brewed coffee. I think it's because it isn't as bass berry as many Ethiopian Naturals. It's more peachy like you mentioned. Definitely juicy. This was just my first cup, 6 days post roast, so I'm excited to try a cappuccino and see where it goes. Thanks for letting us know.
LMWDP #472

TangyWasabi

#1116: Post by TangyWasabi »

While ordering the much appraised Crema Dolce from Dragonfly Roasters I picked up a bag of their Panama Elida Estate, while the Crema dulce didn't impress me at all (to my disappointment) the Panama is the absolute best shots I've ever had, pineapple followed by a layer of chocolate, almost exactly as the bag describes. It is absolutely amazing.

Bear007

#1117: Post by Bear007 replying to TangyWasabi »

I just went through a bag of their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Natural, I liked it a little better than the Panama Elida, really good for pulling shots.

spressomon

#1118: Post by spressomon »

Ordered a bag of JBC's Karimikui Kenya along with 4 other variants from them; first time order for me. But the Kenya is, at least on my scale, stellar. Big, bold fruity sweetness, but not anything like a fruit bomb natural yirga. Never tasted anything like it in the small cup; works great in a small cappuccino too; it doesn't get lost in 2/3 milk ratio at all.

My only gripe: I wish they had larger bags with a little lower price/lb incentive. But that didn't stop me from ordering 4 more bags...they do have free shipping with 3 or more bag order right now.

https://www.jbccoffeeroasters.com/karimikui-kenya-0

Pulled this morning on my EspressoForge...

No Espresso = Depresso

auvgeek

#1119: Post by auvgeek »

Bear007 wrote: I just went through a bag of their Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Natural, I liked it a little better than the Panama Elida, really good for pulling shots.
Agreed. Based on this recommendation, I tried both and the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe is amazing. It sounds like they're now offering in a direct trade version, which I'm not 100% sure how it's different other than it's direct trade vs through a middle man. Regardless, the bag I received yielded the best shots I've pulled so far, and I'm usually not a fan of light roasts.

*I only drink as a double-shot cappuccino. Londinium R and Niche Zero grinder.

MB

#1120: Post by MB »

SkyRoast Coffee's Panama Elida was a nice surprise. I haven't found a natural that I really liked for brew until this one. I definitely enjoy naturals as espresso or in milk drinks, but this one really does it for me with both V60 and on my Londinium R. I usually try to enjoy several coffees at the same time for variety, but this one disappeared much quicker than the others.
LMWDP #472