Washington Roasters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Elliot

#1: Post by Elliot »

Hi all -

Very new to getting into coffee at a higher level and curious if anyone can recommend some great roasters I could go buy coffee directly from in Washington. For reference, I am in a town that's about 25 miles north of Seattle.

Apologies to moderators if this is the wrong forum. Please feel free to correct me and let me know for future reference.

roadman
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by roadman »

Head out one of the Seattle Coffee Gear stores in Lynnwood or Bellevue.

At any given time they have around 30-40 different coffees for you to sample. The coffee offered is from top notch local and national roasters. Their staff is knowledgeable, helpful, and can guide to find something you might like. Also they're happy to grind and brew up any coffee you'd like to sample.

Chert

#3: Post by Chert »

LMWDP #198

Mochamaker

#4: Post by Mochamaker »

Roast House in Spokane
Ladder Coffee in Spokane
Purpose Roasters in Colfax
Sitka Coffee Roaster (haven't had it, but I know the owner, good guy)
West Plains Roaster
Indaba and Vessel ~ Both used to be really good. Quality has gone downhill in recent years, but worth a try if you're trying Washington roasters, and especially ones in Spokane.

RyanP

#5: Post by RyanP »

Elliot wrote:Hi all -

Very new to getting into coffee at a higher level and curious if anyone can recommend some great roasters I could go buy coffee directly from in Washington. For reference, I am in a town that's about 25 miles north of Seattle.

Apologies to moderators if this is the wrong forum. Please feel free to correct me and let me know for future reference.
Hi Elliot,

I'm in Edmonds. A few suggestions...

There is a new shop in Edmonds called 407 coffee house. They use Olympia Coffee which is one of the best roasters in WA, imo. If you call you can place an order with them and they will get whatever current coffee Olympia has available in for you with their next order and you can go and pick it up.

Wholefoods in Lynnwood regularly sells Kuma coffee, and gets it in fresh with some regularity.

Walnut Street Coffee sells Vivace Vita.

Narrative in Everett as was suggested is also a good spot

Bret

#6: Post by Bret »

This is my go-to place for freshly roasted coffee: https://www.yelp.com/biz/reddoor-coffee ... rs-everett

It is about a mile from home, but I'd drive a LOT further to get it even if it wasn't. They roast every single day, and their roast is unique (in my experience) in that it works equally well as espresso and normal drip brew.

Talented roaster, very friendly, high quality coffee. Good price point, too.

It is probably about 6ish miles from you in Mill Creek.

Elliot (original poster)

#7: Post by Elliot (original poster) »

Just went to narrative. Very cool spot!
Picked up a couple different beans for the week. Certainly open to more suggestions!

Chert

#8: Post by Chert replying to Elliot »

What did you pick up?

The list of Washington roasters would be extensive. Narrative vets them well I bet.
LMWDP #198

Elliot (original poster)

#9: Post by Elliot (original poster) replying to Chert »

I got some Kenya from a roaster in Oregon called Case and also an Ethiopia Kayon Mountain from Velton's, HQ'ed in Everett.

Great little spot too. Had an espresso and a biscuit and sat awhile. Definitely will be going back.

Chert

#10: Post by Chert »

Glad I asked. Reminds me I want to get around to trying a coffee roasted by Case. And it's hard to go wrong with coffee from Velton's.
LMWDP #198