Want to participate in the "Favorite Espressos" review? - Page 14

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
HB (original poster)
Admin

#131: Post by HB (original poster) »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:So are you then going to use PayPal ship and create the labels that way to reship to us? You won't have to enter any addresses that way and it would be quicker.
One of the roasters volunteered to consolidate the coffees, so they'll handle the outbound shipment. That saves shipment costs; I'll send them a CSV file with all the addresses.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#132: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Dan that works too; yet the labels can be done through PayPal and sent to the roaster to print and use.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/shipping-center
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

Freddofl

#133: Post by Freddofl »

I'm too excited about this. I hope I get my NZ before the coffees arrive otherwise I'll be hand grinding on the Pharos for days :lol:

jpreiser

#134: Post by jpreiser replying to Freddofl »

Same here. My NZ is part of the July shipment so it will be close.

If timing doesn't work, I'll have to use my Macap (less adjustability) if I don't pick up a hand grinder before then. I'm leaning toward the Kinu M47 but it's out of stock everywhere so may have to pick up a Comandante. On the plus side, most folks seem to prefer the Comandante for pourer and the hand grinder would end up as a travel grinder for Aeropress and Clever brewing until I pick up a manual espresso machine.

tennisman03110

#135: Post by tennisman03110 »

HB wrote:One of the roasters volunteered to consolidate the coffees, so they'll handle the outbound shipment. That saves shipment costs; I'll send them a CSV file with all the addresses.
Not that it matters much, but doesn't this fact alone add some bias to the voting? I.e. we know the roasters aren't both from Hawaii and Vermont.

Realistically, from the forum and votes, I think most people can guess the region(s) these are coming from. You even pointed out East Coast will take longer.

Freddofl

#136: Post by Freddofl »

jpreiser wrote:Same here. My NZ is part of the July shipment so it will be close.

If timing doesn't work, I'll have to use my Macap (less adjustability) if I don't pick up a hand grinder before then. I'm leaning toward the Kinu M47 but it's out of stock everywhere so may have to pick up a Comandante. On the plus side, most folks seem to prefer the Comandante for pourer and the hand grinder would end up as a travel grinder for Aeropress and Clever brewing until I pick up a manual espresso machine.
Based on James Hoffman's review, I would wait for the Kinu to go back in stock. I was between the Kinu and the pharos and went with the Pharos which I'm still regretting.

It might be interesting to dial in the three bags using more than one grinder and compare the flavor profiles.

Chert

#137: Post by Chert »

I'm in the lottery for a Kafatek grinder, the new one, you know, the Unaobtainium Roller grinder. Can't we do this Favorite Espresso as a lottery, too? (jk)
LMWDP #198

HB (original poster)
Admin

#138: Post by HB (original poster) »

tennisman03110 wrote:Realistically, from the forum and votes, I think most people can guess the region(s) these are coming from. You even pointed out East Coast will take longer.
Where it ships from doesn't really tell you much. Sure, you can guess. And you could use the tracking number to narrow it down. But that kind of misses the point.
Dan Kehn

HB (original poster)
Admin

#139: Post by HB (original poster) »

Chert wrote:Can't we do this Favorite Espresso as a lottery, too? (jk)
Ha! Now that you mention it, HB is sponsoring two MVP members for the review coffees: CarefreeBuzzBuzz and pcrussell50. :D Congratulations! That's assuming, of course, that they want to participate (if not, we'll go to runner ups).
HB wrote:Assuming there is general agreement on the above, I'll finalize a landed price for members tomorrow.
Thanks to very generous pricing for HB members, the delivered cost for three 12 ounce bags will be only $45. That's less than what you'd pay if you ordered it yourself. This will be limited to 100 participants. I'll have how to order instructions tomorrow.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#140: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

HB wrote:Ha! Now that you mention it, HB is sponsoring two MVP members for the review coffees: CarefreeBuzzBuzz and pcrussell50. :D Congratulations! That's assuming, of course, that they want to participate ....
Well yes my wife and I would like to participate. We thank this community, Dan, the moderators and all the participants, for greatly contributing to our coffee knowledge and sharing the journey.

We are excited to experience this community tasting. Thank you all.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart