Want to participate in the "Favorite Espressos" review? - Page 13

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
emradguy
Supporter ♡

#121: Post by emradguy »

I think Dan should determine the majority group logistics as voted, factor in how much effort he is willing to endure and then do the same thing for everyone...rather than treat us as primadonas by trying to satisfies everyone's preference. It's enough that he's organizing this whole thing, and he deserves a huge thanks from the entire community. I don't mean to say there's anyone here who doesn't appreciate it. In fact, the contrary...I think there's nobody who doesn't appreciate it!
LMWDP #748

HB (original poster)
Admin

#122: Post by HB (original poster) »

After a huge barrage of emails from me to the three roasters, we have an agreement. The coffees will be delivered in a USPS padded envelope with a "best effort" attempt to obscure its origin. The bags would be nondescript and identical. And they'd have a HB-logo'd label:

Given the roasters' enthusiasm for being nominated, they offered their best wholesale rate, resulting in a final landed price that's very reasonable, even given the extra shipping. That said, because the coffee is being shipped twice, it will arrive a few days longer than if it were shipped directly.

Tentatively, we've agreed to a Monday 7/13 roast date and a Friday 7/17 re-shipment date (maybe Thursday 7/16, if the delivery gods are kind). That should put it at your door on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. BTW, we looked at the cost of expedited shipping to shave off a day or two -- it gets very costly, very fast.

Assuming there is general agreement on the above, I'll finalize a landed price for members tomorrow. Payment would be via PayPal and open until next Wednesday or until we reach a not-too-crazy total shipping weight (current count is 60+, based on replies to this thread -- that's 45+ pounds!).
Dan Kehn

belegnole

#123: Post by belegnole »

Works for me. Thanks for all the effort!
LMWDP #641

emradguy
Supporter ♡

#124: Post by emradguy replying to belegnole »

DITTO! I'm super excited.
LMWDP #748

Bret

#125: Post by Bret »

Not sure yet, but depending on the price may I add my name after seeing that and the timing? It might work out or it might not depending on those two factors.

Either way, thanks for doing this!!! 8)

Plinyyounger
Supporter ♡

#126: Post by Plinyyounger »

Due to the dates of roasts and deliveries I have to bow out. Nobody's fault or any complaining on my part, just a sick dad whom I have to travel for without my machine. Maybe next time! I look forward to seeing my brethren's opinions and results.

Also a note, there are some very creative and smart people in this forum, lots of statistics and data that is very helpful. It appears to me based on how this project was started that we will get a favorite coffee for no other reason than it just tastes good. There can be so many variables for so many reasons and the provided coffees will most likely be very different for all the reasons we know coffee beans are different. So instead of judging a light roast for its light roast qualities, or any other roasts that will be delivered, I think we will get (hopefully) a poll of what the participants like best. If we put too much on this survey we may get lost instead of just having fun.

Maybe in the future we can do a light roast survey, medium and dark? In the meantime, you all have great time with the fun HB has provided!
Family, coffee and fun.

dsblv

#127: Post by dsblv »

Sounds good, Dan. Thanks for working this.

caffeineme
Supporter ♡

#128: Post by caffeineme »

If sign-ups are still open:

+1

TrlstanC

#129: Post by TrlstanC »

This sounds perfect, thanks so much for putting this together!

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#130: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

So are you then going to use PayPal ship and create the labels that way to reship to us? You won't have to enter any addresses that way and it would be quicker. They actually get a little better rates that Click and Ship? Thanks for doing this. I pick Roaster C as best for now. Let's see if A or B can unseat them. :evil: :D
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart