Vote for your Favorite Espressos 2020 - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.

What are your favorites?

Andytown - Shore Leave Hook
Batdorf & Bronson - Dancing Goats
Black Oak - Heartwood
Brandywine - Colombia Finca El Obraje
Cafe Grumpy - Heartbreaker
Caffe Lusso - Gran Miscela Carmo
Caffe Lusso - Lionshare
Cat & Cloud - The Answer
Cat & Cloud - The Truth
Chromatic - Gamut
Counter Culture - Big Trouble
Dragonfly - Crema Dolce
Dragonfly - Panama Elida Natural
Elixir - Beekeeper
Gardelli - Cignobianco
Josuma - Malabar Gold
Klatch - Belle Espresso
Klatch - Golden Espresso
Kuma - Balanced
Linea - Espresso Blend
Montana - Traders Farmers Market
Mountain Air - Black Mountain
Mother Tongue - Bittersweet
Northbound - American Beauty
Nossa Familia - Delicia
Nossa Familia - Full Cycle
Nossa Familia - Teodoro's Italian Roast
Olympia - Big Truck
Paradise - Espresso Nuevo
Redbird - Blue Jaguar
Redbird - Holiday
Ritual - Ace
Temple - Dharma Espresso
Vivace - Dolce
Wilson's Coffee and Tea - Ethiopia Ardi

Total votes: 302

Spitz.me

#11: Post by Spitz.me »

Except the bump only matters to those who will go to the "unread posts" view of the forum, but even then, only so far as it remains on the front page. I tend to casually view by the trending topics unless there's some thread I'm actually interested in. Those topics are only about 5 and takes no time for posts to go from that list.

I think there's a need for some global pinned post, if it's possible. I actually find the HB landing page to be largely irrelevant. I wonder if that's just me. The landing page might be more useful to people who consider themselves to be newbies and really want curated content, but I can't even remember that last time I clicked on anything other than a forum topic on the landing page.

On topic here - I realize that many of the users here are from the USA and maybe it's because I'm just not that familiar with some of the names I saw as nominees, but it really just seems like a "Favourite Espressos from US Roasters in 2020" kind of list. Even if I put up a Canadian roaster, I doubt it would get traction from enough users to make the "favourite" list. Maybe the list can be curated by someone in a way that focuses on 3-5 popular espressos per region/country? I chose a coffee for you guys to review out of interest since it could get traction, not because it's one of my current favourites.

So, low vote numbers could be a sign that a good number of users don't find much interest in choosing any particular coffee on the list.
LMWDP #670

Jake_G
Team HB

#12: Post by Jake_G »

What's odd is that the list was curated from user responses in Candidates for Favorite Espressos 2020.

If people don't want to vote for one of these coffees, why did they nominate them?
LMWDP #704

HB (original poster)
Admin

#13: Post by HB (original poster) »

Spitz.me wrote:On topic here - I realize that many of the users here are from the USA and maybe it's because I'm just not that familiar with some of the names I saw as nominees, but it really just seems like a "Favourite Espressos from US Roasters in 2020" kind of list.
I don't feel qualified to organize a non-US favorites review, in part because the shipping logistics gets tricky if there's bordering crossings. But if an HB member wishes to organize one, I'd be happy to help promote it.
Dan Kehn

HB (original poster)
Admin

#14: Post by HB (original poster) »

Excessive bump warning! Total votes are 263 and will end soon. And don't forget to vote for MVPs; click here to see who's on the list so far.
Dan Kehn

slybarman

#15: Post by slybarman »

Jake_G wrote:What's odd is that the list was curated from user responses in Candidates for Favorite Espressos 2020.

If people don't want to vote for one of these coffees, why did they nominate them?
I voted but did not make a nomination myself . . . or at least don't remember making one.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#16: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Bump but when does voting close? I am confused on that.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

HB (original poster)
Admin

#17: Post by HB (original poster) »

This weekend or whenever we have 300+ votes works for me.

UPDATE: Voting has ended; see Want to participate in the "Favorite Espressos" review? for more details.
Dan Kehn