Vivace Dolce

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
BillBurrGrinder

#1: Post by BillBurrGrinder »

I have just placed an order for Vivace Dolce. This stuff is expensive as heck but I've read good things about it. The customer service seems top notch, answering my emails and questions.

I am hoping for no sourness which I've experienced with many other beans... not all but many. (Water temp, grind size, dose, roast date, wait date, water type, etc etc...all check. It's been the beans)

Anyway, I'll be checking these out and hoping I like them, but not fall in love with them....cause I'll be broke enjoying fantastic espresso. Doesn't sound too bad I guess.

Wish me luck. :mrgreen:

mrak

#2: Post by mrak »

Good luck to you! :) Please share your experience.

Dbcooper

#3: Post by Dbcooper »

I've been drinking Dolce in milk drinks for a while. However, I home roast the green version and I tend to roast it lighter than Espresso Vivace does. The pre-roasted Dolce I got was moderately oily and I roast mine to the very end of first crack but with no visible oiliness on the beans. Anyways, I haven't really found any green blends that I like as much as Dolce. It's not cheap, even in green form! I probably spend $40 a month just on Dolce :shock:

grog

#4: Post by grog »

I always grab a bag if I happen to be walking past one of their locations. I really like it for about 2 weeks, so 12 oz bags are just right for me. It's definitely the darkest roast that I enjoy, with noticeable oil on the beans. It's such a forgiving blend and pulls so well, all the time, on many different machines.
LMWDP #514

BillBurrGrinder (original poster)

#5: Post by BillBurrGrinder (original poster) »

Just got the beans today...they are kinda oily. What's the wait on these beans? They were roasted on 3/15 ...should I give it a week or are these better pulled right after roasted?

wachuko

#6: Post by wachuko »

One of my favorite blends. And works great with many different machines.

Do share your thoughts once you try it.

It gives out a lot of gas in the first few days after roasted...you will see the bag inflate.

I have never been able to wait... :) pull a shot and let us know how you like it
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Marshall

#7: Post by Marshall »

BillBurrGrinder wrote:I have just placed an order for Vivace Dolce.
David Schomer selects and roasts his beans for the microscopic ristrettos he serves at his shops. So keep that in mind.
Marshall
Los Angeles

BillBurrGrinder (original poster)

#8: Post by BillBurrGrinder (original poster) replying to Marshall »

Great! This will be my first time delving into Ristrettos with the intention of doing so...not sinking the shot I just royally screwed up. :mrgreen:

RyanP

#9: Post by RyanP »

Marshall wrote:David Schomer selects and roasts his beans for the microscopic ristrettos he serves at his shops. So keep that in mind.
Yep, they put the ristretto in ristretto! I much prefer Dolce pulled closer to a normale. At the very least a 1:1.5 ristretto. It's a versatile blend, and like others said, easy to pull.

Dbcooper

#10: Post by Dbcooper »

BillBurrGrinder wrote:Just got the beans today...they are kinda oily. What's the wait on these beans?
I don't rest mine for more than 24 hours before I start drinking it. I try to drink it within 5 days but I only roast 1/2 lb at a time. I feel like the flavor peaks in the first 2-3 days.