USPS shipping times - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
mdmvrockford

#21: Post by mdmvrockford »

Prairiedawg wrote:Of those of you ordering coffees that are shipped USPS, are the shipping times back to normal? Better? Should I wait a little longer before I order again?
FWIW as sample size of one, 2/3/2021 roasted and packed (~7 lbs) from suburban Boston area (George Howell Roasters in Acton, MA) to NW Illinois took six days. Initial shipping was UPS and finished up with USPS (SurePost option per George Howell roasters). This is similar to pre-pandemic ship times from same roaster.
LMWDP #568

jgood

#22: Post by jgood »

Me too! (In response to the post about things improving)

jfrescki

#23: Post by jfrescki »

Funny that this thread just popped up for me. I ordered from two roasters, both shipped USPS:
1) Shipped on 2/9 from San Francisco and got to me today 2/11 in NJ.
2) Shipped from Salt Lake City on 2/8 and just left Indianapolis at 1:57am this morning 2/11. Who knows when I'll get that one! :cry:
EDIT: Got it 2/12. So I guess shipping for both was pretty good.
Write to your Congressman. Even if he can’t read, write to him.
- Will Rogers

old442

#24: Post by old442 »

Prairiedawg wrote:Since I order most of my coffee in 5lb bags, it's time to refill my coffers. Last time I ordered from Caffe Lusso in December, the shipping took forever (thank you USPS). This had nothing to do with Lusso, my coffee was roasted and shipped the next day. Usually takes 2-3 days from Lusso to my house in SE Wisconsin. Last time was weeks. I like to order from Klatch and the shipping times were similar to Lusso if not a day longer.

Of those of you ordering coffees that are shipped USPS, are the shipping times back to normal? Better? Should I wait a little longer before I order again?
I had issues in December and January with "priority mail" anywhere from 1 to 2 weeks for my coffee. I ordered from Lusso over the weekend, shipped Monday and arrived Wednesday. The shipment from Redbird shipped Monday and is "scheduled" to arrive Friday (yesterday it was scheduled for Thursday).

FYI, I'm in Maryland.
Kurt
LMWDP 114