USPS shipping times - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
tennisman03110

#11: Post by tennisman03110 »

USPS overall has been very good for me. That's with Trade Coffee, Amazon, various retailers, etc.

I'm in Raleigh, NC. I recently received coffee from Klatch via Trade in 4 days. From California, I can't complain.

Ken5

#12: Post by Ken5 »

Ordered two things in December, one from Texas took 13 and the other from Washington state took 11 days. Both should have taken 3 days by the usps estimate. Was mid December and holiday shipping pping was at its highest.

Ordered something 2 weeks ago from Washington and it took 4 days. Much better! Hopefully without the holiday rush things are back to normal.

Ken

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by LBIespresso »

I have noticed an improvement as well.

I still see odd things like when I ordered something from a place 30 minutes south of me and it was sent to the USPS processing center an hour north of me and then on to another one an hour west of me before finally getting to me on the 3rd day. So not too bad on the waiting but pretty odd on the path it took. I don't remember learning anything like that in my operations research course I took in school but that was more than a few years ago...
LMWDP #580

DaveB

#14: Post by DaveB »

A little while back I ordered from Black & White - was shipped on Dec 8, arrived on Dec 16 (from NC to SF Bay Area). Most of their stuff is medium light and ages rather well; one of my best shots was 16 days after the roast date.

This week I ordered on Mon; it was shipped on Tues, and arrived today! (Thurs). Looks like I won the USPS lottery. :D
Von meinem iPhone gesendet

lessthanjoey

#15: Post by lessthanjoey »

Was awful over the holidays but back to normal (fast) to me in socal from all over the country.

chipman

#16: Post by chipman »

I have used all the major shippers including On Trac. USPS has by far been the best even during the rough times in 2020.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#17: Post by baldheadracing »

Since the pandemic, I do find USPS' outage/delay service alerts, etc., pretty helpful in predicting a delay.

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/USPS-Cor ... -Customers
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

bluesman

#18: Post by bluesman »

Our most recent 5 lbs of Paradise Nuevo was shipped USPS last Monday from Minneapolis and arrived in Philly on Friday. The shipment before left the twin cities on December 21 and arrived January 12. So things are definitely better than they were, but local mail is still a mess. We got a holiday greeting card from our son yesterday that was postmarked December 22.

The worst thing about these delays is that we only have one refrigerator/freezer since we downsized to an apartment. So we have no freezer space to spare for an emergency bag or two. We go through 5 pounds like clockwork every 4 weeks. If a shipment is delayed, we buy 12 oz bags locally one at a time to tide us over. A normal delivery on top of a 3 week delay means having to freeze more jars than we have room for, which means defrosting food we'd otherwise leave until we want or need to take it out.

This should be the worst thing that ever happens to us!

lancealot

#19: Post by lancealot »

Recent experience is getting better! I ordered from a roaster in CA on Monday and it is being delivered today (Wednesday) in MD via USPS priority. I'm stoked!

Jefe

#20: Post by Jefe replying to lancealot »

I also have coffee coming from CA, shipped on Tuesday and won't be here until next Tuesday. Not sure where you are in MD but I might be moving in next door for the updated shipping times! :lol: