Ultra light roast coffee recommendations - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
beer&mathematics (original poster)

#11: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

danetrainer wrote:SEY has been the lightest, well developed roasts I've found stateside.
They will require sufficient rest too.
Oh, I actually went to their shop while I was in NYC last winter. Great coffee. Didn't know they did mail order. Thanks for the tip!
LMWDP #431

#12: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

Chert wrote:If you've not tried KUMA and the Olympia coffe roaster'ssingle origin or the other espresso (not Big Truck which is more developed) you might get that flavorful acidic charge from them. Slate comes to mind but I haven't tried them. Isn't Potrero coffe lab down your way? Not sure about their roast.
Thanks! I'll add Kuma to the list.

A google search didn't yield anything for Potrero. Maybe you meant Portola? I've many times when I go south to visit my parents in OC. Good but I don't remember them being "ultra light". Maybe the coffee has changed in the last year or so since quarantine.
LMWDP #431

#13: Post by beer&mathematics (original poster) »

Gataros wrote:Coffee Collective from Denmark roast quite lightly, i find their consistency remarkable.
I might spoil myself during the holidays and give this a try shipping is over 30 :?
LMWDP #431

zefkir

#14: Post by zefkir replying to beer&mathematics »

Dayglow carries a few European roasters including Coffee Collective and La Cabra. It'll save you shipping.

And La Cabra is very expensive but they offer free shipping worldwide with a fairly low ceiling.

michael

#15: Post by michael »

How current are the roast dates at dayglow

I'm waiting for coffee from la cabra 8)

Jeff
Team HB

#16: Post by Jeff »

michael wrote:I'm waiting for coffee from la cabra 8)
Even harder is waiting a month after roast to start pulling shots once it's on your hands!

Chert

#17: Post by Chert »

beer&mathematics wrote:Thanks! I'll add Kuma to the Maybe you meant Portola? I've many times when I go south to visit my parents in OC. Good but I don't remember them being "ultra light". Maybe the coffee has changed in the last year or so since quarantine.
I did mean Portola. I like their choice of name. A local to me roaster chose that name but meant 'sugar lab' really and I was sad
LMWDP #198