Tony's Coffee

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77

#1: Post by chanty 77 »

I want to place an order for the Sugar Bee & Carmelita (although Tony recommended the Sugar Bee over the Carmelita for espresso drinks). Someone on here loved the Carmelita so want to try.

I forgot when asking Tony about the blends, what days he roasts. Don't think they are open now. Want to try to place an order by tomorrow, but not if he doesn't roast but--say once a week & it's on a Thursday....

Anyone who orders from Tony, know what days he roasts? Thanks

chanty 77 (original poster)

#2: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

I would delete my post, but I can't. I did find something on Tony's shipping--which I really don't want to get beans that are shipped at 7 days post roast--by the time I get them could end up being 11-12 days post roast.
What are your freshness standards?

We love drinking freshly roasted coffee and we want the same for our customers. We never ship coffee that is more than one week off roast.

When will my coffee ship?

We strive to process and ship orders within two business days. Orders placed on weekends and holidays will be processed on the next business day. Shipments may be delayed during sales events and holidays. Once your order is ready to ship, you'll receive an email with tracking information.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by JohnB. »

When you place an order with Tony's there is an option to add a note. When I recently ordered a 5 lb bag of their Sugar Bee I asked that they not ship beans more then 48 hours post roast. Priority Mail takes 3 days from Tony's to my house & the bag I received was 5 days post roast including shipping time.
LMWDP 267

#4: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

He said, "We guarantee that the coffee we send out to our webstore customers is as fresh as possible. Usually the coffee is roasted within 1-4 days of packing and shipping."

I asked him to please use beans he roasted on Friday (today) for my order I placed yesterday late afternoon. By the time I get the beans, I will be running out of my stash & the beans I get will be 7-9 days post roast by then which is how I enjoy them best. I also asked him to note the bag as to when they were roasted.

If I find I got an older roast, probably would not order again.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

The roast date is on the bar code label on the bag. Look for a 3 digit number in the upper left corner that denotes the day of the year . Today is #251.
LMWDP 267

#6: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

So not just 090922

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. replying to chanty 77 »

Correct. You have to do the math or ask Google to. :lol:
LMWDP 267

#8: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

chanty 77 wrote:So not just 090922
Okay, not the end of the world, but I'm spoiled I guess cuz every single vendor I've ordered from just stamp it like 090922

Jeff
Team HB

#9: Post by Jeff »

Just wait until you've got to remember how to interpret 02/07/2022

spressomon

#10: Post by spressomon »

Typically coffee beans from Tony's are in my hands within 5-6 days of order placement. If the USPS was more reliable with their Priority mail, it wouldn't be that long. Another order of Carmelita incoming hopefully tomorrow; however Tony's dropped it off/had it picked up by USPS on 9/7 I don't have an estimated delivery date from the USPS.

OTOH, I have received bean orders from George Howell as late as 12-days post roast. But, as experienced with Tony's, the flavor has always been great.
No Espresso = Depresso