Tony's Coffee - Page 4

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by JohnB. »

spressomon wrote:. I just ordered more of it to ship to us in the midwest apart of our travels...and didn't see 25% off on their website!
Tony's sent out a postcard promoting National Coffee Day with the 25% discount code good on coffee or merchandise.
LMWDP 267

chanty 77 (original poster)

#32: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Opening the Carmelita tomorrow. Is this lighter than the Sugar Bee? So I know where to adjust my temp. With Sugar Bee, I had it at 198°. Thanks!

spressomon

#33: Post by spressomon »

Dose, basket, temp & grind are almost identical between Sugar Bee & Cafe Carmelita. CC grind is just a hair more course.
No Espresso = Depresso

#34: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to spressomon »

Wondered--because when I was initially buying the 12oz. of Sugar Bee & the Carmelita, I asked the company about using it for espresso. I asked what blends they would recommend for a cappuccino (not much milk). He said they use Sugar Bee. When I asked about the Carmelita, he said 'Might be worth a try!
Personally, I would use Sugar Bee, but go for whatever looks good to you.'

I was more wondering if it was a medium or medium dark. To me, the Sugar Bee was more like a medium-dark. Thanks.

spressomon

#35: Post by spressomon »

To me, the roast level between Sugar Bee & Cafe Carmelita look about the same...CC might be a little lighter but still dark side of medium (IMHO). For me, CC takes the win over SB.
No Espresso = Depresso

#36: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to spressomon »

Thanks!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by JohnB. »

Since no one seems to have tried the Cafe Carmelita as straight espresso I passed on it for now. Used the 25% off code to pick up a bag of their Classico Espresso blend. Hard to go wrong with semi-sweet chocolate & caramel. It would be helpful if folks mentioned how they are drinking (milk drink or straight shots) an espresso blend when they post comments about it.
LMWDP 267

spressomon

#38: Post by spressomon »

I was going to do a straight shot taste for you John but alas, apart of my 2lb CC order I placed last week to be delivered to us while staying with my parents in Omaha, I learned USPS was apparently short handed in Bellingham WA (per Christian at Tony's) where Tony's roastery is located, and delayed shipment of my bean order by 4-5 days(!). So much so, the beans will arrive too late...after we leave.

I used all the CC beans I brought with us and had to source...more here so not to clutter up this thread. What's WOWing you right now (coffees, roasters)
No Espresso = Depresso

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#39: Post by JohnB. »

My order was roasted on 9/27, shipped 9/28 & arrived today so I guess shipping times are back to normal.
LMWDP 267

CarreraRSR

#40: Post by CarreraRSR »

Thanks for sharing this info. I just ordered a 24oz bag each of CC and SB