Tony's Coffee - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77 (original poster)

#21: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:Correct. You have to do the math or ask Google to. :lol:
Got my Sugar Bee & Carmelita today & date is posted on bottom of bag like this: Roasted on 09/09/2022

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#22: Post by JohnB. replying to chanty 77 »

I contacted them about the funky roast date when I received my Sugar Bee. Evidently they took my comments seriously & made a change.
LMWDP 267

#23: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

Thanks for that.

spressomon

#24: Post by spressomon »

Thoroughly enjoying the Carmelita we received a couple days ago. Pulls and tastes the same as it did from another order received a couple months ago: Big caramel, toasted almond, some chocolate (but definitely in the background) and sweet syrupy goodness.
No Espresso = Depresso

#25: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Just on the 2nd day (post roast day 9) of Sugar Bee. I had to put the temp. down to 199°. How would I describe....hmmmmm, still figuring it out. It is earthy. I want to say more Medium-Dark, than Medium. No fruit at all. Your typical espresso without fruit. I do find it has a sweeter end to it (if that makes any sense). Now keep in mind, I only do cappuccinos.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by JohnB. »

The fruit in the Sugar Bee comes through in the finish but it's fairly mellow so I'm not surprised that it gets lost in a cup of hot milk. If you don't drink straight shots try making an Americano with the Sugar Bee & see what you think of it. The sweet chocolate/caramel/fruit shots I've been getting has made Tony's Sugar Bee my current favorite comfort food blend.
LMWDP 267

#27: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to JohnB. »

Thanks for that. I can't do Americanos though--the creamy 1/2&1/2 mixed with some whole milk just adds to my experience. I measured the espresso (output)--2 oz to 3oz. of steamed milk/1/2&1/2 with some microfoam on top. So I don't put near to a cup of milk in my espresso. That's why I have to savor every sip cuz that's all my whacked out high wired nervous system can handle per day.

I do like it a lot though. It's smoother at 198° to me. I can taste sweetness at the end of a sip also. I don't know how often I would order it though as I can only drink one cappuccino (as stated) per day. There are so many I really like that I hop around a lot when I order.

Jared

#28: Post by Jared »

I went ahead and placed an order for both. Coupon MORNINGBREW takes 10% off.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#29: Post by JohnB. »

Has anybody tried the Cafe Carmelita as straight shots? Tony's currently has a 25% off coupon (COFFEE25), good through 9/30/22.
LMWDP 267

spressomon

#30: Post by spressomon »

Sorry John, been traveling and haven't checked in here until tonight. No, other than a sip or two before going into our cappuccinos I haven't drank a Cafe Carmelita espresso shot; luscious in an affogato though :lol: . I just ordered more of it to ship to us in the midwest apart of our travels...and didn't see 25% off on their website!
No Espresso = Depresso