Today's pull of Counter Culture Gradient transported me to childhood.

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Kaffee Bitte

#1: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

Probably one of the strangest cups I have made. Everything looked good but taste wise I was instantly taken back to a long forgotten day of childhood disappointment. On that day I was hungry and wanted cereal. Go for the cocoa puffs but almost empty so grab another box to add and didn't notice it was different. Poured it in the bowl of milk and cocoa puffs only to realize it was fruity pebbles. I didn't remember that bowl of disappointment at all, but my taste buds sure did. Long memory for taste buds apparently.

Fast forward to this morning and I recreated that in my coffee cup. Lol. Counter culture Gradient's berries and very light chocolate combined just right with the oatmilk to bring out the fruity pebbles/cocoa puff proportions to just slap me with taste memory.

Anyway my second cup was much better. More blue berry on that one. Trying to remember not to pull gradient In the same temp range as that first shot. Ha ha.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

hudsterboy
Supporter ❤

#2: Post by hudsterboy »

Something like this happened to me once when I was very small, except I went for the fruit loops, but got fruit loops and a ton of grease ants. I can say that in my life I've definitely had shots that have disgusted me almost as much of that bowl of insects.

Kaffee Bitte (original poster)

#3: Post by Kaffee Bitte (original poster) »

I have had other throw back shots in similar fashion but not usually from a not great cup. The funny part to me is that I was every bit as disappointed in the cup as I remember being with that bowl of wierdly colored milk.

Ant cereal was one reason I stopped eating cereal.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110