Support your local roasters- Discount Shipping Codes - Page 6

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
HB
Admin

#51: Post by HB »

ira wrote:...it would be ever so much easier if people would be so kind as to include a link to their suggestions.
I went back and added links. Going forward, contributors should include links with the caveat that new members should exercise restraint so this thread doesn't become a spam honeypot.
Dan Kehn

TomC
Team HB

#52: Post by TomC »

ira wrote:While I've found everything I've looked for from this thread, it would be ever so much easier if people would be so kind as to include a link to their suggestions.

Ira

Yes! That was my original intent. Promote the small folks, men and women who're trying to keep their small doors open!

Folks, please include links including your city for simplicity. It'll help everyone. Sorry, but i'll personally reserve the right to collate the references to keep it focused on small local roasters, based on your region. The big corporate folks can figure things out for themselves IMO.

ira
Supporter ♡

#53: Post by ira »

I ordered from Black Oak off this thread and while it's to early to judge the coffee, they certainly have exceptional customer service.

Ira

Shenrei

#54: Post by Shenrei »

I bought 5lbs of Duomo from them (Black Oak) for mainly milk drinks and stored 4lbs in the freezer. Drinks are tasty.
- Tim

JmanEspresso

#55: Post by JmanEspresso »

BigBang Coffee Roasters, out of Peekskill NY. Open for shipping and pickup orders(pickup orders will be like a curbside pickup style). Shipping fees for everyone in NY is a flat $2, everywhere else in the US is a flat $5. We're a small operation, we welcome any and all support right now. We're most known for our Espresso blends. MilkyWay Espresso is a rich chocolaty affair with hints of fruit, Dark Matter Espresso is a medium/light roast with more fruit forward notes.

Disclaimer- Im head roaster for BigBang, I have an obvious financial interest in the business staying afloat during this time. But I was a homebarista long before I joined the industry, and still frequent many other roasters for my coffee habit.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
Supporter

#56: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

Sales in AZ only. Check the website.

I thought I would share some creativity from being at home.

Moderator note: Given the extenuating current events and Michael's membership of 3+ years, we'll overlook the commercial nature of this post.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

foam2

#57: Post by foam2 »

Order from Caffe Lusso came in record time. Ordered a bag of decaf for my wife and she wanted to try it right away. It had the most crema I had ever seen. Turned down the flow half way through the shot - wife really liked it. Thanks for the recommendation. I bought two other bags, looking forward to giving them a try.

yoshiod9

#58: Post by yoshiod9 »

SteveRhinehart wrote:I have coffee from last year's Expo in my freezer that I dipped into a few weeks ago. It seems to age somewhat more quickly once thawed, but within about a week of opening it was terrific. I also have some from the 2018 Expo (!) that I have yet to dip into. I'm really curious how two years of storage in a conventional freezer affected it.

For now I'm still trying to buy beans to help out roasters while they're operating. I just cracked into this coffee from Red Bay: https://www.redbaycoffee.com/collection ... a-colombia

It is superb! Makes for a lusciously creamy shot with some bright cherry and tropical high notes, but plenty of caramel to the base.
RedBay does some good stuff.

I've bought a few bags from Red Bay, Temple (Sacramento), Ritual (SF), Big House Beans (Antioch/Brentwood- 40 miles or so from Oakland- they don't always have my ABSOLUTE favorite beans but their mission and hiring practices are why I regularly buy from them. I'd suggest the Finca Villa Ines.), and Andytown in the past few weeks. I'm sure my wife is going to be annoyed at a coffee bill of around $100 when I normally spend around $50 a month.

https://templecoffee.com/
https://ritual.myshopify.com/
https://bighousebeans.com/collections/coffee

TomC
Team HB

#59: Post by TomC »

This was the haul that Andytown donated to just the adult hospital I work at. They sent the same amount to our children's hospital yesterday too. It was a welcome boost for all of us!

I'm sure there are other roasters in your own community who're supporting frontline healthcare workers that'll benefit from similar support.

From my previous post:
TomC wrote:My friends at AndyTown Coffee here in San Francisco is doing a really cool thing for us frontline healthcare workers. Im a Respiratory Therapist here at UCSF Medical Center, one of the largest hospitals on the west coast currently getting impacted with the sickest of patients. I don't want to belabor all of our struggles and challenges, but it isn't going to be pretty.

If anyone is so inclined, they can donate a low amount ( about $3) for coffee or pastries that will be donated directly to members of the healthcare community in San Francisco. I'm a member of the leadership team in my department and I'd love to do anything that boosts morale amongst my staff. I have my own home-roasts and coffees I buy on my own, so none of this or the pastries would be for me ( I try to stay keto), just my staff.

https://www.andytownsf.com/donate-1?fbc ... okuOo5YKAo

zeece
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by zeece »

TomC wrote:This was the haul that Andytown donated to just the adult hospital I work at. They sent the same amount to our children's hospital yesterday too. It was a welcome boost for all of us!

I'm sure there are other roasters in your own community who're supporting frontline healthcare workers that'll benefit from similar support.
Thanks Tom for your work on the frontline. I immediately went to Andytown's website after your first post and made a purchase. Headed back there today. To see this photo really warms my heart. I truly hope other roasters and even restaurants are doing a similar thing in their own communities. Andytown is wonderful!