Should I give dry processed coffees another try ? - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Fishchris (original poster)

#11: Post by Fishchris (original poster) »

Much thanks to all of you. I think I should buy a lb or two of professionally roasted, dry processed Ethiopian, something with great reviews, and if I like it, then it was either my roasting process, or I just got a bad bag. If I don't like it, then dry processed is just not for me.

Pressino
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Pressino »

yakster wrote:Unless of course you're talking about Monsooned Malabar which some think smells like dirty socks.
Except that monsooned coffee usually doesn't look very green...

Mbb

#13: Post by Mbb »

I don't care for naturals cuz most of them just have kind of an overwhelming rotten-fruit- ness to them.

But once I got a lot of one of my favorite coffees that had been made in a small quantity as a kind of a test. They had done something like 50 bags that had been sundried for a short period of time before wash processing........ It was great, like the regular only slightly better even

Eiern

#14: Post by Eiern »

Try some honey processed or natural beans from Wendelboe. Honey seem a little less full on ferment than pure naturals. Wendelboe wasn't a big fan of naturals and thetefore didn't roast any naturals for many years, and when he first do buy and roast them you know they are of high quality.