Shipping costs - Page 5

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77 (original poster)

#41: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

nameisjoey wrote:That's awesome! Glad to hear it and super excited to hear what you think.

The only other blend of theirs I have tried is The Truth and I wouldn't recommend that for anything other than straight shots and americanos. Too fruity for what you're looking for I think.

Maybe give their Night Shift a shot? I've never had it but imagine it's probably similar to The Traditional or along those lines. It's their "dark roast" but not supposed to be smokey.
Thanks! Gonna run it by Cat & Cloud also. Otherwise, I'll probably buy two of their 10oz. packages of The Answer.

nameisjoey

#42: Post by nameisjoey replying to chanty 77 »

That would be my recommendation. It's really damn good, imo. Hope you enjoy!

cmin

#43: Post by cmin »

chanty 77 wrote:Hey, going to be ordering some The Answer from Cat & Cloud. I got a shipping deal--so gonna take advantage of it. Would you suggest any other medium roast used for cappuccinos from this vendor or just The Answer? Thanks!
Last time I had The Answer few months ago it was ok, nothing special and sure as hell not worth the $, number of places half the price much better. I like their single origins but again feel over priced now. Like recently I had Pennstock Archemedes which was amazingly delicious straight or milk, that was far better, and cheaper. That is such a cool and unique blend.

#44: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to cmin »

How would you describe the Pennstock Archemedes in milk? I am taking advantage of ordering (at least this one time) as getting free shipping.

#45: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

nameisjoey wrote:That would be my recommendation. It's really damn good, imo. Hope you enjoy!
In my "searching", saw a number of posts saying The Answer was overly lemon tasting? Did you get that? Part of me is hoping I won't be that crazy about it cuz to be perfectly honest---can't see spending $14 for 10oz. plus normal shipping for going forward.

cmin

#46: Post by cmin »

chanty 77 wrote:How would you describe the Pennstock Archemedes in milk? I am taking advantage of ordering (at least this one time) as getting free shipping.
Really good, that was a standout blend, nowadays takes a lot for me to be impressed. The strawberry note was there and that unique woody note they mention, came off like smoked cedar wood. That was one of the best blends I've had in a long time whether straight or milk. They have some nice single origins I want to try. I even sent them a FB message I was so impressed lol

#47: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

cmin wrote:Really good, that was a standout blend, nowadays takes a lot for me to be impressed. The strawberry note was there and that unique woody note they mention, came off like smoked cedar wood. That was one of the best blends I've had in a long time whether straight or milk. I even sent them a FB message I was so impressed lolimage
Thanks. Not sure I would like a cedar taste. Somehow wood notes remind me of more of a smoky flavor (that could just be me).

cmin

#48: Post by cmin replying to chanty 77 »

It's so hard to explain, as I'm not a dark roast fan either, but it sorta reminded me of this woody cedar note that was just enough to pickup on but meshed perfectly (along with strawberry and chocolate etc) that popped that yes sounds totally weird, yet somehow is delicious. I really enjoyed it. Not a dark roast at all. I make smoked cocktails and usually use cedar for that and that's what it reminded me of, except not in the smokey wood (dark roast) type of way, maybe moreso like if you've ever grilled fish on plank?

nameisjoey

#49: Post by nameisjoey »

chanty 77 wrote:In my "searching", saw a number of posts saying The Answer was overly lemon tasting? Did you get that? Part of me is hoping I won't be that crazy about it cuz to be perfectly honest---can't see spending $14 for 10oz. plus normal shipping for going forward.
I got no lemon from it when I had it just a couple weeks ago.

#50: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to nameisjoey »

The "recipe" on Cat& Cloud's site calls for over 19 grams of coffee in. Most of my beans would be at the most 18.5g. I've been doing 25-30 seconds out on most blends. What temp. do you set for this one? Thanks.