Shipping costs - Page 3

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
chanty 77 (original poster)

#21: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

harris wrote:Looks like Blue Bottle has free shipping this week, fyi.

" HAPPY BLUE BOTTLE DAY
Free Shipping on Espresso All Week"

I haven't noticed a price increase this week so it must really be free shipping!
I might order a bag. Can you recommend a medium roast? Don't do dark anymore. Thanks.

BaristaBob

#22: Post by BaristaBob »

chanty 77 wrote:PT's Flying Monkey sounds enticing. (Choc., Honey, Graham Cracker) and/or Flatlander (Bittersweet choc., Tangerine, Roasted Almonds). $30 of product(s) & free shipping or $5 flat rate. Anyone try them? Located out of Kansas.
Yes, have tried them both...you won't be disappointed with either, though I preferred their Flatlander more...really a chocolate bomb.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

#23: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to BaristaBob »

Thanks so much, think on my next order I will try both of these. I used to love the "solely" chocolate roasts, now I like more of a balance.

Nik

#24: Post by Nik »

It's hard to beat Revel Coffee in Montana and Black and White in Raleigh for selection and quality beans, free shipping and dependable delivery. Revel is free on any size order and Black and White is free on $25 order.

CSME9

#25: Post by CSME9 »

$16-$19 for 10-12oz, time to rethink home roasting.

#26: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

Nik wrote:It's hard to beat Revel Coffee in Montana and Black and White in Raleigh for selection and quality beans, free shipping and dependable delivery. Revel is free on any size order and Black and White is free on $25 order.
I have been mainly ordering the Classic & Traditional from B&W (tried Edgar & Gallito--wasn't impressed), no one really has suggested any other blends for medium roasts used in espresso for that company. They suggested(as the company did to look for the green labeled roasts most like the type of regular blends I use. I'm still trying to figure out what Future is like compared to Traditional & Classic.

Can you suggest any medium roasts used for espresso for the Revel Coffee that you may have tried & really enjoyed? Thanks.

DanoM

#27: Post by DanoM »

Yeah, when I lived in the USA I'd have my favorite roaster send me 6-8 varieties in 1 pound bags; once every 3 months or so. I too liked to swap out coffees often, I'd age them on the bench to my liking, freeze them, then dispense enough for 2-3 days at a time into airtight cans. Sometimes rotating cans back to the freezer even. I started freezing for discounts on shipping really. It was alot of fun, but if you don't want to freeze that's hard to do.

Wish I had an affordable roaster here in Japan that could do the same. Instead I home roast, and purchase beans in 5kg increments. :lol: But my beans now are never frozen once roasted.
LMWDP #445

nameisjoey

#28: Post by nameisjoey »

chanty 77 wrote: I'm still trying to figure out what Future is like compared to Traditional & Classic.
I really don't think you'd like The Future. It's super fruity, juicy, can be kinda tart, and bright. Definitely high on the acidity - not something I would suggest for milk drinks. It's fantastic on its own pulled long but definitely far from your preferences of more modern traditional blends.

Unfortunately for you, The Classic and The Traditional are really the only options they are going to stock (other than the forest green labels) that are going to be up your alley. Black & White does a ton of fruit/juice bombs due to the alternative processing methods at the farms.

#29: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to nameisjoey »

Thanks. Good to know. I enjoy the Classic & Traditional, but just like I don't like Mexican Food or Lasagna every day, like to try different blends. I did try the forest green label of the Gallito & Edgar ones--but truly wasn't impressed with those two. Next order, ordering through PT's coffee, Flying Monkey & Flatlander. Free shipping $30 or more & flat rate of $3-5. Can't beat that.

Nik

#30: Post by Nik »

I am sorry but I try to order only light roasted coffee. However I do suggest that you send a note to "Gary" the owner of Revel www.revelcoffee.com) and ask him for his suggestion. He is quick to respond and always gives good suggestions. He usually sends samples of other coffees when he ships an order. He really knows how to select the coffee that he sells.

It's been awhile since I tried the Classic or Traditional from B & W.

chanty 77 wrote:I have been mainly ordering the Classic & Traditional from B&W (tried Edgar & Gallito--wasn't impressed), no one really has suggested any other blends for medium roasts used in espresso for that company. They suggested(as the company did to look for the green labeled roasts most like the type of regular blends I use. I'm still trying to figure out what Future is like compared to Traditional & Classic.

Can you suggest any medium roasts used for espresso for the Revel Coffee that you may have tried & really enjoyed? Thanks.