Shipping costs - Page 2

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Jeff
Team HB

#11: Post by Jeff »

"Free" shipping is never free. It's just included in the price.

chanty 77 (original poster)

#12: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to Jeff »

Yup, I get that, but some places are more reasonable with both than others.

BaristaBob

#13: Post by BaristaBob »

Watch out for smaller bags too. Some of my go to roasters have decreased their bags from 340g to 310g at the same price. Bummer, but inflation is everywhere.
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

jpender

#14: Post by jpender »

chanty 77 wrote:That's a great idea if you can do it. Everyone I know either drinks those pod things with a Keurig or Folger's in your cup. In other words, not that important what they drink like it is with me.
I'd love to try the coffee from Olympia. It looks really good. While I do freeze beans I don't like to buy a large amount of coffee that I've never tried before. So what do you say we split an order? I can buy it and then send two of the bags to you. Sounds good? It looks like mailing two 12oz bags to you via USPS will be $16.10.

Let me know! :-)

#15: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

jpender wrote:I'd love to try the coffee from Olympia. It looks really good. While I do freeze beans I don't like to buy a large amount of coffee that I've never tried before. So what do you say we split an order? I can buy it and then send two of the bags to you. Sounds good? It looks like mailing two 12oz bags to you via USPS will be $16.10.

Unfortunately I placed an order for two 12oz. bags from B&W about 2 hours ago, otherwise I would have. Maybe next time? Sigh....

#16: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

jpender wrote:I'd love to try the coffee from Olympia. It looks really good. While I do freeze beans I don't like to buy a large amount of coffee that I've never tried before. So what do you say we split an order? I can buy it and then send two of the bags to you. Sounds good? It looks like mailing two 12oz bags to you via USPS will be $16.10.

After I re-read what you posted, I thought, "Hmmmmm, is he teasing me?" Mailing me two bags for $16.10 shipping.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by baristainzmking »

The price for coffee and for shipping has gone up quite a bit..sigh. If you don't like freezing your beans, how about splitting a 3 or 4 lb bag with a friend?
Julia

#18: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) replying to baristainzmking »

I don't have coffee drinking friends/family--they like their Keurig & grocery store ground coffee. I will just have to splurge now and again. Other than that--will stick to B&W & Nossa--where at least if you spend only $25 (B&W) to get free shipping & they have great beans. Nossa, really like their Full Cycle, 2 lbs. is $34, free shipping is on $35, sigh? At least though you get a 20% off being a HB member at Nossa & the shipping is $8.15 coming to my location, over $5 cheaper than Olympia.

#19: Post by chanty 77 (original poster) »

PT's Flying Monkey sounds enticing. (Choc., Honey, Graham Cracker) and/or Flatlander (Bittersweet choc., Tangerine, Roasted Almonds). $30 of product(s) & free shipping or $5 flat rate. Anyone try them? Located out of Kansas.

harris

#20: Post by harris »

Looks like Blue Bottle has free shipping this week, fyi.

" HAPPY BLUE BOTTLE DAY
Free Shipping on Espresso All Week"

I haven't noticed a price increase this week so it must really be free shipping!