Seven Seas Roasting 3 for $30 Fundraiser

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Jake_G
Team HB

#1: Post by Jake_G »

Thought I'd share this link that a friend sent to me.

https://sevenseasroasting.com/products/ ... fundraiser

I've ordered and wanted to share the link.
It came to $42 for 3 12OZ bags shipped from San Diego to Wisconsin, so not a bad deal, and I'm happy to help out a Ukranian small business trying to make ends meet in the midst of a war.

I've no idea if their coffee is any good. :lol:

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

Here's another Kyiv business that opened a ebay store. He has set it up with some effort to enable North Americn customers to order direct. I was one of their first int'l customers once they decided to sell outside Ukraine. (I was subscribed to their YT channel before the war.) The chocolate is quite interesting as well (another Kyiv business).

https://www.ebay.com/sch/wendstudio/m.h ... pg=&_from=
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by Milligan replying to baldheadracing »

Have you been able to try the coffee yet? Supporting a good cause AND getting great coffee is a win win.

BTW link wasn't working. Here is one: https://sevenseasroasting.com/products/ ... fundraiser

Jake_G (original poster)
Team HB

#4: Post by Jake_G (original poster) »

Not yet.

It was sent to me by a friend who's taste I trust, so I'm optimistic!

I fixed the link. Thanks!
LMWDP #704

baldheadracing
Team HB

#5: Post by baldheadracing »

Note the Seven Seas initiative is separate. I'd say go there for the freshest coffee.
Milligan wrote:Have you been able to try the coffee yet? Supporting a good cause AND getting great coffee is a win win.
They're actually three businesses in Kyiv. Their IG id's:
- @coffeeblogmerch, is designing the accessories and has the eBay store and the YT channel youtube.com/c/wendstudio
- @Radio_Kava, the roaster www.radiokava.com.ua
- @Sisters.a.choco, who make the chocolate sisterschocolate.com
(websites are not in English but there are some English descriptions of current offerings)

The coffee is one of the reasons that I haven't been roasting much this year. I've had ... quite a bit. I'd characterize the ones that I have had as typically a medium omni roast, I'd guess dropped towards the end of first crack or shortly after, nicely developed. They're sourcing from well-known specialty green coffee importers in Europe. I have cupped the coffee against my coffee and also a Canadian roaster that I like (Rogue Wave) and if you want to be picky I'd say the scores on the Radio Kava bags are maybe a couple points high once the time passes for the coffee to make it to North America.

You order from Viacheslav and DM(on eBay) your preferences and he'll make recommendations. My first order back in April was delayed due to shelling near the roastery, which is not a reason that I ever want to hear again. Delivery time was reasonable given that there's a freakin' war on; the coffee has to get to Poland first. I bought multiple bags in an order and froze the coffee upon arrival.

For the chocolate, I'm not a chocolate connoisseur, so I can't say much about the chocolate other than I liked it. It's very different from, say, Lindt.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#6: Post by Milligan »

Thanks for the break down. I'll be sure to point my friends their way and grab a few bags for myself even though I have coffee coming out of my ears right now.

eltakeiteasy

#7: Post by eltakeiteasy »

I do not have any affiliation with this company, but I really like this roaster and I like the support for Ukraine even more!

https://sevenseasroasting.com/collectio ... fundraiser
LMWDP #672.

Jake_G (original poster)
Team HB

#8: Post by Jake_G (original poster) »

The Seven Seas coffee arrived yesterday.

A nicely developed medium blend with hints of caramel and cocoa in the aroma. Reminds me of GMC, Big Truck, etc...

It is delicious as a flat white.

And pretty darn tasty straight, as well!
LMWDP #704

Corgo

#9: Post by Corgo »

Interesting. They appear to be in South Park. I will be close enough next week. Maybe I will stop by and buy it directly.

Flannelsec

#10: Post by Flannelsec »

Bought my bags. Pretty excited.