Saka Caffè in the States - Page 23

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
spacon4

#221: Post by spacon4 »

So, I have gone down the neopolitan (Saka) rabbithole, and it has led me to beg for another group buy so that I can sample these amazing beans...can we get a group buy???

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#222: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Since the group buys aren't really sustainable for the large quantities being ordered (last order was 75 bags), Saka is setting me up as a retailer. I have a batch on order, which I'm hoping to receive in the next week or so. Once the coffee comes in, I'll post a link to order.
★ Helpful

Advertisement
coffeechan

#223: Post by coffeechan replying to CantinaCoffee »

Great news to hear for the Italian/Neapolitan Espresso fans. Timing has been off on group buys for me. With more regular stock I should be able to pick up a bag more in line for when I run out.

stanleyleecm

#224: Post by stanleyleecm »

CantinaCoffee wrote:Since the group buys aren't really sustainable for the large quantities being ordered (last order was 75 bags), Saka is setting me up as a retailer. I have a batch on order, which I'm hoping to receive in the next week or so. Once the coffee comes in, I'll post a link to order.
Great to hear!

mbeck

#225: Post by mbeck »

Oooh fantastic news! My daughter finally had a taste of a classic Italian espresso in North Beach last weekend, and has been begging me every day to buy some Italian beans since. Hence, my exploration of this topic - we're normally drinking light & medium roasts exclusively, so I was trying to educate myself when I stumbled across this. I'm sure Saka will hit the spot. And should pair well with our lever machine! Thanks!

cyclezib

#226: Post by cyclezib »

Matt Mitchell has imported Saka to the US and now has stock and a website from which you can order any of the Saka roasts.
http://www.CantinaCoffee.com

slybarman

#227: Post by slybarman replying to cyclezib »

This is great for all of us. Much more convenient.

Advertisement
CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#228: Post by CantinaCoffee »

The coffee was late arriving, but I received it today and shipped out all orders. We've sold about half the inventory so far. Thanks!

IamOiman
Team HB

#229: Post by IamOiman »

nice! how big is this batch you are providing out of curiosity?
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#230: Post by CantinaCoffee »

This batch is 50kg. I'm starting on the small side to make sure it's as fresh as possible. I'll have to get a feel for order volume, and how to best space out the orders to keep stuff in stock.