Saka Caffè in the States - Page 22

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
jpender

#211: Post by jpender »

IamOiman wrote:6kg is the minimum order if you want to buy directly from Saka in the US
I also tried this a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work. It said undeliverable address or something like that (I live in the U.S.). I upped the order to something like 20kg and still no love.

I think some other magic is required to obtain their coffee.

IamOiman
Team HB

#212: Post by IamOiman »

I would contact them directly via WhatsApp or Facebook, they will be able to help you from there.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

jpender

#213: Post by jpender »

I don't have a facebook or whatsapp account and I'm not especially interested in either. Do they have email? Why doesn't their e-commerce site work? Do they not take credit cards or something?

Oh well, I guess I'll live without their coffee. :-)

GregoryJ

#214: Post by GregoryJ »

You can contact them via email listed here: https://sakacaffe.it/contact/?lang=en

It was probably easier to handle international / intercontinental shipments one by one rather than trying to build the smarts into the webpage right away. The shipping price for 6kg was 65 euros, which is why the group buys are very popular here :)

jpender

#215: Post by jpender »

That sounds expensive, especially since I can get free 1-day shipping from a good domestic roaster. The funny thing is that even with shipping Saka is less expensive per kg than that roaster, as well as others I routinely purchase from.

I would buy 6kg if I were sure I liked their coffee. But I've never had it so a smaller amount makes more sense for me.

How often are group buys arranged?

bonjing

#216: Post by bonjing »

GregoryJ wrote:You can contact them via email listed here: https://sakacaffe.it/contact/?lang=en

It was probably easier to handle international / intercontinental shipments one by one rather than trying to build the smarts into the webpage right away. The shipping price for 6kg was 65 euros, which is why the group buys are very popular here :)
jpender wrote:I also tried this a few weeks ago and it wouldn't work. It said undeliverable address or something like that (I live in the U.S.). I upped the order to something like 20kg and still no love.

I think some other magic is required to obtain their coffee.
Yeah that's what happened to me after upping the order to 6kg. Didn't know that the shipping is 65euro :shock: I'll wait for another gb and stock up then :mrgreen: and need to make space in the freezer.

There is also a link I found after the fact that say something along the lines of, to become a customer or something like that.

bonjing

#217: Post by bonjing »

jpender wrote:That sounds expensive, especially since I can get free 1-day shipping from a good domestic roaster. The funny thing is that even with shipping Saka is less expensive per kg than that roaster, as well as others I routinely purchase from.

I would buy 6kg if I were sure I liked their coffee. But I've never had it so a smaller amount makes more sense for me.

How often are group buys arranged?
Jpender, I'm in the Bay Area/peninsula area. If we can figure out how to order maybe we can split the shipping and order together if your local to me. I would love to do a gb myself but admittedly lazy and not to bright to handle the logistics of it all 8) I forgot how big those bags were even though i used the two I bought up pretty quickly.

I was going to order the top, grand and maybe 1 or 2 of the crema, so that's half the order anyway.

Balthazar_B

#218: Post by Balthazar_B »

GregoryJ wrote:You can contact them via email listed here: https://sakacaffe.it/contact/?lang=en

Gregory, are the shipping costs linear from 6kg up? E.g., 8kg would be €87, 10kg would be €108, etc? Or does the shipping cost per kilo go down with higher quantities? Or perhaps Ryan would know?

Group buys are great, but people distributed around the US also need to factor in domestic shipping costs from the point of delivery. UPS, etc., may seem somewhat reasonable compared with international shipping costs, but it does add extra to the total outlay.

We're in the North Bay Area, and would be happy to join local-ish group buys in the future. Right now we're in the midst of working through 4kg of Saka, though.
- John

LMWDP # 577

IamOiman
Team HB

#219: Post by IamOiman »

It gets cheaper per kg the more bags that are bought from my experience.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

jpender

#220: Post by jpender »

bonjing wrote:Jpender, I'm in the Bay Area/peninsula area. If we can figure out how to order maybe we can split the shipping and order together if your local to me. I would love to do a gb myself but admittedly lazy and not to bright to handle the logistics of it all 8) I forgot how big those bags were even though i used the two I bought up pretty quickly.
For some reason I was picturing 1lb bags in my mind. So I take back what I said about being willing to buy 6kg. That would be half a year's worth. Since it's an untested source for me I really only want to buy the minimum, which I assume is 1kg. If I really like it I'd buy more the second time. But at the moment I have a decent of supply of coffee jammed into our already overstuffed freezer.