Saka Caffè in the States - Page 19

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#181: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Group Buy (hopefully final) Update: the replacement coffee came in 2 batches. The first arrived on Monday, and the 2nd batch just arrived at my local hub, so I should have it today or tomorrow at the latest. keep an eye on your email (and spam folder) for final shipping invoices. Thanks!

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#182: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Final shipping invoices have been sent for all Saka Group Buy participants. Please check your spam folder if you don't see it. Thanks!

Advertisement
CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#183: Post by CantinaCoffee »

So this is kind of wild.... I just got notice that the original missing coffee is suddenly scheduled for delivery today. Since it wasn't insured, Saka was only reimbursed 100 euros for the package, so they had to eat the cost of the replacement coffee -- approximately $675 in value. It would be great if we could sell this coffee and reimburse Saka. Please send me a PM if you're interested. I've deducted about 15% from the original price to make this a little more enticing. Please figure on $10.75 for 2 day shipping of 3kg or less.

Coffee (1kg bags):
Gran Bar - 6 - $24/each
Top Selection 4 - $26/each
Crema Bar 7 - $22/each
Espresso Bar 1- $19 / each
Classic Bar 1 - $22/each

FYI, I'm buying 3 bags myself, already deducted from the above list.

IamOiman
Team HB

#184: Post by IamOiman »

Damn that's pretty wild!

I'll guarantee that the quality of the coffee will hardly have diminished in these past few weeks, it holds up well for a good long while.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#185: Post by CantinaCoffee »

FYI, all of the Crema Bar has been claimed.

Also, apparently this coffee was re-boxed by DHL into 2 separate boxes. I received the first one today, and should get the rest on Monday. I'm shipping a couple orders that have paid. Thanks! I'm sure Saka will greatly appreciate it.

CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#186: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Here's a list of the coffees that are still available. Thanks!

Gran Bar - 6kg - $24

Top Selection - 4kg - $26

Espresso bar - 1kg - $19

Classic Bar - 1kg - $22

[FS] SAKA Caffe Neapolitan Coffee from GROUP BUY

Jasper_8137

#187: Post by Jasper_8137 »

Thanks Matt for putting all of this together!

I have now pulled shots with both the Gran Bar and Top Selection. I have to say, I am shocked that the shots are as good as they are due to the roast dates (the Top Selection was June 9th and the Gran bar May 5th). I have always operated under the premise that coffee is only good for about 3-4 weeks from roast date - I guess I stand corrected. I still need to dial in the coffees a bit, but am really enjoying the shots thus far. The Gran Bar is a bit oily but does not come across as bitter or burnt. The Top Selection is great - low acidity, not bitter with great sweetness. I am using 18 g in with 32 g out. I think I will drop my dose to 16 g and see how that goes.

Advertisement
CantinaCoffee
Sponsor

#188: Post by CantinaCoffee »

Jasper, I'm glad you're enjoying it! One note on the roast dates - they're euro style so switch the first 2 numbers. That would probably put your top selection at Sept 6. And I'm pretty sure the Gran Bar from that batch was August 5th. However it's true that this coffee holds up much better than most.

Jasper_8137

#189: Post by Jasper_8137 replying to CantinaCoffee »

Yes - completely forgot that European dates are day/month/year. Still impressed with the shots with an August roast date!

Jeff
Team HB

#190: Post by Jeff »

Big thanks for pulling this together, as well as all the effort to work to cover Saka's misfortune.

My bags arrived today, and, to save someone else the surprise, the Top Selection is in a Gran Bar bag, with a clear sticker only on one side noting that it is Top Selection beneath the Gran Bar printing.

Not that there is any question when you open the bag (which brings wonderful aromas), but my RoastVision confirms them as both in the "dark" range, with the Gran Bar being a bit lighter.