Ritual Ace Monte Alban Extraction Parameters

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
Me2

#1: Post by Me2 »

First off hope everyone is safe and sane.

Couple bags of ritual ace monte alban are showing up tomorrow. Interesting description. Haven't tried their beans before. Has anyone pulled spro shots with it and if so what parameters? Contacted ritual a couple times and didn't hear back.

yoshiod9

#2: Post by yoshiod9 »

Ritual usually sends their brewing recipe with their bag (on the inside of the cardboard label for espresso drinks). They'll give you brew temperature, grams in, grams (ml) out, and time that they think works best.

I'm not sure if they do the same with ACE or not, though. If not, they usually suggest anything between a 17.4 and 18.2g dose with between 30-36g (ml) out between 200 and 204F using a 18g VST (or similar) basket.

Me2 (original poster)

#3: Post by Me2 (original poster) »

Thx! Looked but didn't see anything.

*edit - actually got someone on the phone today after a few attempts. 18g / 30g / 30 secs / 204ish.

yoshiod9

#4: Post by yoshiod9 »

Nice! Hope you enjoy it-- I buy a lot of Ritual's coffees fairly regularly but I've not tried ACE. I'm not sure why I haven't, though. Let me know how it goes!

Me2 (original poster)

#5: Post by Me2 (original poster) replying to yoshiod9 »

Pulled 18/30/30 secs, 9 bar e61 pull. Very good shot. Not a mega chocolate bomb like warp drive or some others, but definitely milk cholcolate w touch of vanilla, sweet and very smooth. Reminded me of Black & White Classic. Did notice ritual has moved on from Monte Alban to another source though.