Replacement for Espresso Nuevo

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
DaWing

#1: Post by DaWing »

I am look for some suggestions to replace out daily driver espresso, Paradise Roasters' Espresso Nuevo. We have been using it for a number of years as our daily driver, but have had some delivery problems as of late and so are looking for a replacement. We make both straight espressos and milk drinks daily and as you can probably guess, we like traditional Italian (not into third whatever number wave fruit tangy) flavors. Heavy on chocolate is good.

We have tried five pounds of Lusso's Gran Miscela Carmo, which we liked very much as espresso (maybe even a bit more that the Nuevo) but it is not as good in milk drinks. In the past have also used Intelligentsia (original) Black Cat), Redbird, Redline, Intelligentsia and a couple of Chris' Coffees.

So, anyone have any suggestions for a daily driver that might fulfill our needs (well, first world needs anyway).

Thanks!

macal425

#2: Post by macal425 »

You may want to try one of the Saka blends from CantinaCoffee. Many members here rave about the coffees they offer. They are a sponsor on HB and there are a couple of threads below. They are probably the freshest Italian beans you'll get in the US, if you time your orders for when they come into stock. I switch between Top Selection and Crema Bar as my daily driver.

New Batch of Saka and Tafuri Coffee in Stock! April 7th 2023

Saka Caffè in the States

DaWing (original poster)

#3: Post by DaWing (original poster) »

Thanks for the suggestion. As I said, am looking for a daily driver, so need a brand that is readily available and preferably in 5lb bags.

sosha

#4: Post by sosha »

I may sound like a broken record here, but I think PT Coffee's Flying Monkey Blend should be on your radar. That also ship 2# and 5# bags.https://www.ptscoffee.com/collections/s ... y-espresso
LMWDP #440
www.kelpfish.com

Milligan
Supporter ❤

#5: Post by Milligan »

Cimarron has a great year-round blend with their courthouse and chimney rock depending on your roast level. 1kg ships free.

jpender

#6: Post by jpender »

Opus from Chromatic Coffee is a pretty nice blend. Maybe not Italian exactly but it's medium-dark and chocolatey and quite tasty. I don't know what your delivery problems were with Paradise but Chromatic is the only roaster that has ever managed to deliver coffee to my door 1-day post roast (with free shipping). I do live 50 miles away though.

Otherwise, have you heard of the Saka blends that Cantina Coffee imports and sells? :-)

Capuchin Monk

#7: Post by Capuchin Monk »

DaWing wrote:we like traditional Italian (not into third whatever number wave fruit tangy) flavors. Heavy on chocolate is good.
I've tried Fattobene roast by 1st-line (dot com) and it was dark and chocolaty. But it doesn't show up on their website now. Maybe moved to a different site...?

Next one is Crema Wave by wholelattelove (dot com). It's not as dark and chocolaty as Fattobene but better than Intelligentsia and Redline.

Moka 1 Cup

#8: Post by Moka 1 Cup »

Buongiorno Inverno (or Buongiorno Primavera if you like it a little bit less intense). Have been drinking it for more than one year at home and office, subscription avalable.
Velton's Bonsai Blend, excellent, really excellent. Second order received yesterday.
Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness.

Petraidm

#9: Post by Petraidm »

What did you end up trying?