Reminder for "Favorite Espressos 2020" participants

Discuss flavors, brew temperatures, blending, and cupping notes.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

This is a followup to Vote for your Favorite Espressos 2020 and Want to participate in the "Favorite Espressos" review? Bottom line: The cost for the three 12 ounce bags of coffees will be $45 delivered in 7-10 days! They'll be labeled anonymously:

We've agreed to a Monday 7/13 roast date and a Friday 7/17 re-shipment date (maybe Thursday 7/16, if the delivery gods are kind). That should put it at your door on Monday or Tuesday of the following week. You can sign up using the HB form here.

Once you've filled out the form, you'll be directed how to handle payment. To simplify payments, I've settled on a PayPal "money pool". It seems ready-made for this case:
PayPal Money Pool is an easy and fast way to collect money from friends. Whether you need to raise money for a holiday, a group gift, or for regular shared expenses, just create a Money Pool and share it with your friends and family.
We're friends, right? Right? :lol:

The HB money pool has a simple landing page, records who's contributed, and keeps it separate from the rest of my PayPal account. Do keep in mind that since it's a friendly way of paying, PayPal's buyer protections do not apply, i.e., like Venmo, Zelle and Cash App, there's an understanding that you trust the payee to follow through as promised. If you're not comfortable with this arrangement, I'll be sad to learn that we're not friends, but I understand.

To make sure there's no slipups on my part, the HB signup form records your USA shipping address and confirmation email that will be associated with your HB login. From there, I can create a single CSV file for generating all the labels in one whack.

Again, once you've filled out the signup form, you'll be directed how to handle payment. Please do not share the money pool link; I am using the signup form to create labels and track payments automatically, so I don't want "unregistered" payments to complicate the shipping process. Also remember to mention your HB login name in the notes field of the payment for easier cross-referencing. Thanks!

Note 1: Shipment is available to USA addresses only. Sorry!

Note 2: If you have a question that applies to other participants, please reply here. If your question is specific to you, please contact me offline.

Note 3: Once you've registered, I'll confirm your payment when it's received. You can double-check your registration info and payment status by opening a new browser window on this.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#2: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

So is the cupping form in this thread or another that you will start.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

HB (original poster)
Admin

#3: Post by HB (original poster) »

This is just Q&A for the signup process. Once coffees arrive, I'll create another thread dedicated to discussion of the coffees themselves.
Dan Kehn

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I was thinking it would be fun for the community to create a group cupping form; complete with HB label of course.
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

belegnole

#5: Post by belegnole replying to CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

I think that would be helpful.
LMWDP #641

HB (original poster)
Admin

#6: Post by HB (original poster) »

A video explaining how to cup and fill out the form would be even better. :wink:
Dan Kehn

belegnole

#7: Post by belegnole »

lol, you weren't suppose to mention my naivete in regards to these matters....
LMWDP #641

Intrepid510

#8: Post by Intrepid510 »

What's the deadline for signups?

HB (original poster)
Admin

#9: Post by HB (original poster) »

There's 100 openings; we're almost halfway through them.
Dan Kehn

Chert

#10: Post by Chert »

better get to it, but you do have a good chance at this lottery. I wonder if 34 kilos is a small medium or large order for these coffees, these roasters.
LMWDP #198